This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub Updates

Just got an email from Insteon saying my Insteon hub was going to be updated Tuesday morning at around 2AM.

Should I allow that to happen? Any reason not to?

It is my only Insteon controller interface on Mark's Insteon plug-in controlling a dozen or so other modules.

This is just a update for their app. It shouldn't have any affect on the connection to my plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark.

The email made it sound like a firmware update to the hub. I don't have any of their software installed on my HS3 PC or my phone.

Comment

Agreed - the email clearly indicates it is a firmware update for the Hub to v1011.

Comment

I accidentally just updated using the app (apparently pressing "check for updates" means "check for updates and if new update available install without asking further".

The Insteon plugin did not even seem to realize an upgrade occurred - nothing in the log and everything seems to be working post-update.

Comment

Glad the update did not affect the plug-in. I did not get a chance to check mine before leaving for work this morning.

Comment

Working...
            X