X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Open close with Alexa

Hey.
    i dont know if this is the place to post it but i just got an Amazon echo Dot and integrated it with homeseer very easily.
    when i discovers all the devices i get all devices including virtual devices but for some reason all the open/close devices are not recognized.

anyone has any idea?
    thanks

please check the hs definition of the open/closed devices against the ones alexa does recognize and see if there is difference.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

well from what i understand, only devices that are marked with the checkbox for "voice controlled" are recognized in alexa

i disabled all the voice control for all the devices and added only those i need.
      the lights (on/off and dimmer) are shown just fine.
      the open/close although with the voice control checkbox enable are still not discovered.

if i create a virtual device and have that trigger an event then it works but it is a workaround..

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        please check the hs definition of the open/closed devices against the ones alexa does recognize and see if there is difference.
        Hey
        so i created a virtual device called "Kitchen Shades" and had alexa turn it on and off (which worked of course)
        i then renames the On & Off to Open & Close.
        this time alexa didnt recognize open / close but only On & Off ( which still worked).

as far as i understand , alexa can recognize only On, Off and Dim so if you want shades you will need a virtual device.

Comment

Working...
        X