This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    can you delete the v44 MS, make sure all the related hs devices are gone/deleted, and then read the device.
    Bingo! We have a winner. All good now! Will do the same for my other 2 motion sensors. Have more questions, but will post on separate thread.

Thank Mark!

Comment

Good deal. thanks for reporting back.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Good deal. thanks for reporting back.
        I'll always report back. I coudl need that same info myself someday!

Follow up question. I have checked the links in both MS and they are identical - triggering an ON only for a lamp. However, 1 of the MS is giving me the 5 seconds of rapid LED flashing as if a link response was not received/acknowledged. Sometimes I even get 2 sets of 5 second fast flashes from the LED. But only from 1 MS.

Any ideas? I can replace the MS - which may be a quick solution in the meantime while I figure out what's going on.

The links in the responders are verified also. The responders are only <20 feet away!

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post
          I'll always report back. I coudl need that same info myself someday!

Follow up question. I have checked the links in both MS and they are identical - triggering an ON only for a lamp. However, 1 of the MS is giving me the 5 seconds of rapid LED flashing as if a link response was not received/acknowledged. Sometimes I even get 2 sets of 5 second fast flashes from the LED. But only from 1 MS.

Any ideas? I can replace the MS - which may be a quick solution in the meantime while I figure out what's going on.

The links in the responders are verified also. The responders are only <20 feet away!
          try a factor reset on both devices, and then reprogram for homeseer. do not delete from plugin, just use the program device button to recreate the links.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

After you finish programming any wireless Insteon devices (motion sensors, doors sensors, leak sensors, etc), make sure you hit the set button again (twice if I remember correctly) to take the device out of programming mode (the light will go out). It will eventually time out on its own, but in the meantime it picks up the links from the next device you go to program. Factory reset will eliminate the unwanted links as Mark states above, but turning the programming mode off before moving on to the next device will prevent the unwanted links in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
              After you finish programming any wireless Insteon devices (motion sensors, doors sensors, leak sensors, etc), make sure you hit the set button again (twice if I remember correctly) to take the device out of programming mode (the light will go out). It will eventually time out on its own, but in the meantime it picks up the links from the next device you go to program. Factory reset will eliminate the unwanted links as Mark states above, but turning the programming mode off before moving on to the next device will prevent the unwanted links in the first place.
              Thank you - I will try that next time. I had noticed that the battery operated devices stay in program mode for some time, but the links reported back from the device all looked good (no unrecognized links)...

Comment

Working...
              X