X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Insteon Motion Sensor II...beta support available in the Updater

All,
    I have not added support for these as smarthome hasn't provided developer notes yet. I will update this thread once I receive the notes and add support.

Update: Jump to Post #14 to see the latest
    Last edited by mnsandler; April 8, 2017, 09:33 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mine shipped out today
    Quick Start Guide and Owner's Manual are out so maybe developer notes as well.

Thanks for all the awesome work.

Thanks,
    Steven Giles

Comment

I'll post an update here when I receive the dev notes and start adding support to the plugin.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I've been hitting up everyone I can find to get these docs. Need them for a product that I am have in development. The best I've been able to find out is that Universal Devices Inc. (ISY) was just given the 2844-222 dev docs so that they can start work on adding the device.

Tony
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
          I've been hitting up everyone I can find to get these docs. Need them for a product that I am have in development. The best I've been able to find out is that Universal Devices Inc. (ISY) was just given the 2844-222 dev docs so that they can start work on adding the device.

Tony
          well that's good news. maybe it will show up in my inbox soon.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hey Mark, any news on this yet? I also just received a shipment of these things, just curious if you've been able to test them yet or if you have a beta. Thanks as always!

Comment

I have physically tested several, but I can't add plugin support without the developer notes

You can manually link and setup via the user guide, but the plugin will see it as an unregistered device
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I got some preliminary docs related to the MS II so I can start adding basic support for the device (support similar to the existing MS). I will try to get this working I the next few weeks.

There are a lot of features packed into this unit so it will take some time to get the rest of them implemented.

I'll update this thread when I post a beta for you to try.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

A quick preview of what i have so far.

Four big changes with this unit:
                  1. you can set the frequency when the unit sends a heartbeat
                  2. it has a temperature sensor built in (not sure how accurate it is)
                  3. a tamper switch that activates if the battery cover is removed
                  4. the unit can be powered by a 3V battery or a usb cable

the heartbeat sends the battery level, and temperature. the battery level is a category (full, good, low, almost dead)

the temperature is reported in degs F. i'll have to see about creating a setting to change this to degs C.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mnsandler; April 5, 2017, 01:18 PM.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OMG The temp sensor is awesome!!!
                    Thanks Mark, I am really looking forward to getting mine working. Can test if you need it as I have a few in boxes waiting.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I can test as well I have 3 ready to go using USB power.

Thanks Steven G

Comment

Happy to test here too

I have 7 of them wiring to be setup. Happy to test any betas for you.

Comment

Cool stuff. Looking forward to it.

Comment

All,
                            I have posted 3.0.6.12 in the Beta section of the Updater which includes beta support for the new Insteon motion sensor II. Please post feedback on the MS II to this thread. remember to backup your Insteon.ini and Homeseer database

if using a battery, remember to put the MS into linking mode before attempting to add it to the plugin. If using a usb, just connect it and add it like any other device. if you switch power sources for some reason, you will need to re-read the settings so the plugin becomes aware of the change. I would suggest doing a Factory Reset on the device before adding it to the plugin.

a few notes about the MS II:

1. stick with Occupancy Mode for now. i need to document the other modes. I'm not even sure of all of them yet.

2. you can set the heartbeat frequency which will also read the battery level, temperature, and light level. the heartbeat will not update any other devices.

3. the temperature reading will be different depending on the power source: usb vs battery. The 'temperature calibration' adjusts the temperature reading by a fraction of a degree (not a whole degree) ; so just add or subtract a few units until you get a reading that matches your standard. there is an option to display the temperature in Celsius. If you change scales, you will need to wait until the next heartbeat for the plugin to convert the temperature. I have not included the temperature scale in the device definition; i plan to do this.

4. when the MS is powered by the usb, you can program it without using the set btn. When the MS is powered by a battery, you need to use the set btn to program links. Other Settings will be programmed on the next received On msg (similar to the current MS)

5. I have not been able to get the Low Battery Warning to trigger nor the Dawn/Dusk device. i have a variable DC power supply that i use to simulate a battery source. Obviously the low battery warning isn't an issue when using a usb; just hide the two battery devices. there is no actual battery voltage reading now just one of four categories: full, good, low, replace (i'm open to different wording).

6. the light level is just for interest at this point.

When you find an issue, please reply here with a sequence of steps I can follow to replicate the issue. A detailed log snippet would be helpful as well.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mnsandler; April 9, 2017, 07:29 AM.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'll have some testing results for you starting tomorrow. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X