• Time
  • Show
Clear All

TZ88E - Security Scheme failed

Hello,

HS3 3.0.0.312
    ZWave 3.0.1.102
    Z-Stick (gen4)

Included the TZ88E, it included and is listed, but is of no use, It seems the HS 'Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key', see attached image.

I have two of these, and both suffer the same issue.

Is this an HS issue or is it the TZ88Es are not compatible with the older Z-Stick?

John
    Attached Files

Has anyone manged to get a TZ88 working?

Comment

Hello,

I have just tried the TZ88 and the Z-Stick 2 on OpenHab. All worked just fine. So it looks like the hardware is compatible.

So my conclusion is there is something up with Homeseer's handling of the ZWave Security configuration/setup for this device type.

John

Comment

I am having the same problem trying to get two Linear GoControl Garage Door Openers to pair. It looks like this is happening with a lot of devices recently from searches on the forum. I'm at a loss as to what to do now. I don't know how to get my Zstick S2 to pair without security.

Comment

Originally posted by duanecr View Post
          I am having the same problem trying to get two Linear GoControl Garage Door Openers to pair. It looks like this is happening with a lot of devices recently from searches on the forum. I'm at a loss as to what to do now. I don't know how to get my Zstick S2 to pair without security.
          I know this is old and you probably have it sorted one way or another, but I want to reply if anyone is hunting for answers, in hopes that it may help...

I ran into this as well with that same opener (GD00Z-4). Not sure on your procedure to add the device, but after probably 6-8 tries the normal way of unplugging and bringing the stick to the device for inclusion, I figured out that I needed to plug the z-stick into my Raspberry Pi, which hosts HS3, and then 'add/include a node' from the z-wave controller management section in the plugin. Once I tried from the HS interface, it worked with no issues.

Luckily, I had a network port in a room near the garage that I could plug my Pi into. Otherwise, I was going to temporarily set it up on wifi for inclusion. Or if anyone is reading this in advance of install, just make sure you pair your GoControl garage opener before you mount it... don't be like me.

Comment

Found a solution... In the Homeseer Zwave 'Controller Management' under the actions drop down is an option called "Add/Include a Node Non Secure"
            I used this to add the device and it worked. Device now operating just fine, other than not secure, which for me is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X