Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.49 Beta (Win & Linux)..In Beta section of Updater7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I see this in the log:
    2017-03-26 10:36:21 Insteon Warning! Polling has been disabled for this device.
    But also this:
    2017-03-26 16:11:36 Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
    2017-03-26 16:11:36 Insteon ***:Error in KPL.PollDevice: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Details System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Insteon.Support.Devices.KPLClass.PollDevice(Int32 GrpNumIndex)
    2017-03-26 16:11:36 Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
    2017-03-26 16:11:36 Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
    2017-03-26 16:11:36 Insteon ***:Error in KPL.PollDevice: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Details System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Insteon.Support.Devices.KPLClass.PollDevice(Int32 GrpNumIndex)
    2017-03-26 16:11:36 Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
    2017-03-26 16:11:36 Insteon Transmit failed to device Insteon Tuin switch schuur(I) (19.26.58) for cmd 00 00 00 19 26 58 0F 19 00 after 25 tries.
    2017-03-26 16:11:35 Insteon Attempting to restart the port and Interface...
    2017-03-26 16:11:34 Insteon The PLM has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.
    2017-03-26 16:11:34 Insteon Interface_TrapError called from SendHex
    2017-03-26 16:11:34 Insteon Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...
    2017-03-26 16:11:34 Insteon Transmit failed to device Insteon Tuin switch schuur(I) (19.26.58) for cmd 00 00 00 19 26 58 0F 19 01 after 25 tries.
    I attached the Insteon log
    can you add an ini setting to override the feature?
    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

The log:
      Attached Files
      Peter

Comment

Peter,
        do all the errors revolve around the KPL?

if so, I would suggest trying to figure that out? what is the kpl controlling? it might be blocking signals, or maybe something else on the same circuit
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

No, it are also plugin relay modules. I have around 70 modules, some are American and most of them are European.
          I know that some modules are having hard time to communicate with the hub, but that has always been so. But that can't stop the plugin from working. Looks like when a module can't communicate, the plugin is restarting, and that not always works. With earlier versions of the plugin I always had sometimes communication problems and 3 or 4 hops, but it never killed the plugin.
          Can you add the ini setting to prevent resetting the polling?
          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
            No, it are also plugin relay modules. I have around 70 modules, some are American and most of them are European.
            I know that some modules are having hard time to communicate with the hub, but that has always been so. But that can't stop the plugin from working. Looks like when a module can't communicate, the plugin is restarting, and that not always works. With earlier versions of the plugin I always had sometimes communication problems and 3 or 4 hops, but it never killed the plugin.
            Can you add the ini setting to prevent resetting the polling?
            Peter,
            I added the ini override feature to 3.0.6.11 which is in the Updater Beta section.

Add FailedPollThreshold=0 to the [config] section of the insteon.ini to continue to poll devices that do not respond. You must restart the plugin for the change to take effect.
            Last edited by mnsandler; March 30, 2017, 05:42 AM.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Anyone else seeing devices with wrong status running 3.0.6.11 (and I think 3.0.6.10)? I have events that monitor a micromodule on/of device, and an IO module. I get notices saying items are on/off for the wrong state (i.e. door open or light left on), etc until I actually cycle them again. They are set to poll them as well.

Trying to figure out if it's the devices or the plugin. It "seems" like if I go back to the release version 3.0.6.0 I don't see it, but not sure if it's just lucky timing.

Next time it happens I'll try cycling the plugin instead of downgrading. Just curious if anyone else is seeing things like this or if it's indeed my hardware. Thanks!

Comment

My dimming devices don't show anymore in HSTouch.
                Peter

Comment

My dimming devices don't show anymore in HSTouch.
                  Is this related to a recent upgrade to this beta version?

Is this device marked hidden on the HS Dev mgmt page?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It seemed that all my dimming devices were marked hidden. They are working now. Just wondering how this has happened.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
                    Peter

Comment

It seemed that all my dimming devices were marked hidden. They are working now. Just wondering how this has happened.
                      do you have any events that hidden them?

the plugin doesn't mess with this property on dimmers; alert modules only
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No events, did not know I could.
                        I have 17 dimmable Insteon devices, and they all had "Hide device from mobile views" set. All other devices are ok.
                        Removed the setting and all is ok now.
                        Peter

Comment

thanks for reporting back.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Support status for 2441TH thermostat?

I know this is scattered around the board (I searched) but I can't find anything about this stat in your plugin thread. Is the 2441TH supported? Do you plan to support it? I'm using Insteon 3.0.6.16 from the Beta uploads section... Thanks and sorry for the noob question...

Comment

Thermostats are supported by a related insteon plugin, see the following forum

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1183
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Bug in your latest plug!

Hey Mark!

I updated to the latest beta. Everything was working fine until the update.

The Plugin would load, but it would not actually work.
                                Restarting Homeseer was the oddest part as it did not remember jack about the Insteon stuff. It was not reading the ini file, it could not see the device, so it ultimately made sense.

When I looked at the log files, your plugin was trying to use:

/opt/HomeSeer/config

When for the past however long the plugin has been out, it was using:

/opt/HomeSeer/Config

So, looks like you made an inadvertent change in the case that adversely affects Linux.

I corrected by doing "cd /opt/HomeSeer; ln -s config Config" and then restarted the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                                X