This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    i just tried sending the build to Lee@ and junker@ but both were rejected. i was sending a zip file.

need help
    Hmmm. Maybe you can forward it to leerogers (at) yahoo?

Thanks Mark.

Comment

I would love to see support for connection to a PLM via IP instead of com port (a similar implementation to HS Z-Wave Network connection - give it an IP address and port number instead using a com port and com-port-redirector).

Comment

Originally posted by wntdone View Post
        I would love to see support for connection to a PLM via IP instead of com port (a similar implementation to HS Z-Wave Network connection - give it an IP address and port number instead using a com port and com-port-redirector).
        ok i'll bite, what would be the benefit in this setup? do you want to control the plm from more than one pc?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

This expands the ability to connect to a PLM via other mediums without being dependent on a third-party drive/application..

In my situation, my HS server isn't in a location where I can have the PLM (or my Z-troller) directly connected. So I use a device similar to the Sena HSLS100 and my wifi network to connect all the interface to HS. Since there is no provision for direct IP connection for the PLM, I have to depend on a com-port redirector. With the Z-Troller, I simply select network, and give it an IP address and port number - removing the dependency on the com-port redirection software..

Comment

Light OFF at Ramp Rate

"Newer devices (e.g. LampLinc V4.1 and up) also have two commands called "Light ON at Ramp Rate" and "Light OFF at Ramp Rate". Rather than using the preset ramp rate for the device, these commands specify both a level and ramp rate in command2"

Previously, you could set the default On ramp rate, but it also became the default Off ramp rate.

I like my lights to ramp up in a 4 second interval, but I have events that turn off all lights late at night. It would be nice to be able to specify an Off ramp rate of let's say one minute. This way, if anyone is still up at 3:00 in the morning, they'll have time to get to a switch and turn back on a light, instead of being stuck in total drakness after 4 seconds.

Mark, is this something you might consider including in the plug-in?

This would be great in the 'action' pane of defining an event.

I know you can do the equivalent with groups, which the plug-in already supports, but I've had my share of issues with (large) groups, so all my events now take action on devices.

What do you say Mark?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
              "Newer devices (e.g. LampLinc V4.1 and up) also have two commands called "Light ON at Ramp Rate" and "Light OFF at Ramp Rate". Rather than using the preset ramp rate for the device, these commands specify both a level and ramp rate in command2"

Previously, you could set the default On ramp rate, but it also became the default Off ramp rate.

I like my lights to ramp up in a 4 second interval, but I have events that turn off all lights late at night. It would be nice to be able to specify an Off ramp rate of let's say one minute. This way, if anyone is still up at 3:00 in the morning, they'll have time to get to a switch and turn back on a light, instead of being stuck in total drakness after 4 seconds.

Mark, is this something you might consider including in the plug-in?

This would be great in the 'action' pane of defining an event.

I know you can do the equivalent with groups, which the plug-in already supports, but I've had my share of issues with (large) groups, so all my events now take action on devices.

What do you say Mark?
              i'll add it to the list

if you write a script to access the plugin you can send the cmds yourself. you'll need to call
              the public method TransmitDeviceCommand(hc, dc, cmd1, cmd2)

without testing the following, it would look something like this vbs script

sub main
              dim Insteon
              Insteon = hs.plugin("Insteon")
              Insteon.TransmitDeviceCommand(hc, dc, cmd1, cmd2)
              end sub
              Last edited by mnsandler; July 1, 2010, 04:49 PM. Reason: more info
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Turns a i2 light On/Off/Dim at a custom Ramp Rate

Hey Mark,

Got 1.5 and noticed the feature "Insteon Action: Light On at Ramp Rate - Turns a i2 light On/Off/Dim at a custom Ramp Rate".

This is great. Could I suggest identifying i2 device on the 'managed devices' page?

I know one can find out by looking for the 'Program Op Flags' (i2) button on the 'Edit device' page or looking at F/W levels, but it would be nice to have it all on a one pager.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  I'll add it to the list

if you write a script to access the plugin you can send the cmds yourself. you'll need to call
                  the public method TransmitDeviceCommand(hc, dc, cmd1, cmd2)

without testing the following, it would look something like this vbs script

sub main
                  dim Insteon
                  Insteon = hs.plugin("Insteon")
                  Insteon.TransmitDeviceCommand(hc, dc, cmd1, cmd2)
                  end sub
                  working event that does that, I would be grateful if you shared; I emphasize 'working' because last time I received many theoretical replies with which I had no success.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                    working event that does that, I would be grateful if you shared; I emphasize 'working' because last time I received many theoretical replies with which I had no success.
                    yes the new action only works on i2 devices; i just did a quick test

there are cmds for starting and stopping an On cmd, but the ramp rate used is based on the default ramp rate set in the switch. ie you can't specifiy custom ramp rates with these start and stop On cmd

so i'm not sure if there is anyway to do what you want
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I had a handful of lights I wanted to do this with and just created groups with the individual lights in them. You can define the ramp rate independently in the group. Not the most efficient solution in the world, but if it's just a handful of devices with a couple of ramp rates each it does the trick.

Comment

I have found in the past that using groups can be very efficient. At least with prior versions of the plug in, sending a series of commands to multiple devices created a lot of traffic which led to jams and imperfect results. I think this was caused by all the individual commands, followed by all the "clean up" commands.
                        Using a group does it all with one command, followed by a clean up command, and it works much better.

Comment

Hi, I have a device that you may want to add to the plug-in.
                          http://www.smarthome.com/2458A1/Morn...troller/p.aspx
                          As it is, it works, but there's a message in the log.
                          "An Insteon device of type 0F06 was configured using the settings from the insteon.ini."
                          "
                          Please post this new device type in the forum so it can be permanently added to the plugin."

I had to tap-add it. Keying in the address didn't work. Selecting "ON" locks the lock, but selecting "OFF" didn't seem to unlock it. Setting a dim level of 00 instead does unlock it.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                            Hi, I have a device that you may want to add to the plug-in.
                            http://www.smarthome.com/2458A1/Morn...troller/p.aspx
                            As it is, it works, but there's a message in the log.
                            "An Insteon device of type 0F06 was configured using the settings from the insteon.ini."
                            "
                            Please post this new device type in the forum so it can be permanently added to the plugin."

I had to tap-add it. Keying in the address didn't work. Selecting "ON" locks the lock, but selecting "OFF" didn't seem to unlock it. Setting a dim level of 00 instead does unlock it.

thanks for the feedback.

can you post the [0f06] section from you insteon.ini file.

"Setting a dim level of 0 instead does unlock it" may be the requirement of the device. the On cmd is different than an Off cmd.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here it is.

[0F06]
                              DeviceDescription=Device Type 0F06
                              CanRespond=1
                              CanDim=0
                              HasLocalControl=1
                              NumGroups=1
                              GroupName1=Load

Also

DeviceType=0F06
                              FirmwareVer=3A
                              DatabaseDelta=-1
                              LinksDownloaded=0
                              Protocol=2
                              EEValues=

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                                Here it is.

[0F06]
                                DeviceDescription=Device Type 0F06
                                CanRespond=1
                                CanDim=0
                                HasLocalControl=1
                                NumGroups=1
                                GroupName1=Load

Also

DeviceType=0F06
                                FirmwareVer=3A
                                DatabaseDelta=-1
                                LinksDownloaded=0
                                Protocol=2
                                EEValues=
                                I found the docs for this device, and it is working as designed. There is an additional feature to get it to respond to Off cmds.

can you post the links from the device section in the insteon.ini
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X