[0F06]
    DeviceDescription=Device Type 0F06
    CanRespond=1
    CanDim=0
    HasLocalControl=1
    NumGroups=1
    GroupName1=Load
    Joe,

fyi, you can change the DeviceDescription and GroupName1 values to whatever you like so the device will display useful info. these values are only cosmetic
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      I found the docs for this device, and it is working as designed. There is an additional feature to get it to respond to Off cmds.

can you post the links from the device section in the insteon.ini
      [Device 29]
      DeviceID=xx.xx.xx
      DeviceName=Door Lock
      DeviceLocation=Front Door
      PollingInterval=0
      DeviceType=0F06
      FirmwareVer=3A
      DatabaseDelta=-1
      LinksDownloaded=0
      Protocol=2
      EEValues=
      LastContact=9/30/2010 8:20:03 PM
      SyncLinkedDevices=0
      TotalInteractions=14
      FailedInteractions=1
      RecentDatabaseDelta=0

(Device address intentionally blanked out)

Comment

Joe, thanks for the post. have you linked this device to your door lock

i would have expected a entries like the following in the device section
        numlinks=
        link 1=
        link 2=
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Joe, thanks for the post. have you linked this device to your door lock

i would have expected a entries like the following in the device section
          numlinks=
          link 1=
          link 2=
          It is "linked" to the door lock, but I don't think that involves Insteon at all. The linking process is to set the lock to RF programming mode, locate the Insteon module within a few inches of the lock and then press the button on the Insteon module. After a bit, the lock beeps and it's done.
          I think that each Insteon [lock] module has a unique RF rolling code and that the lock is set to accept that code, just like most garage door openers work.

While the one way RF link from the Insteon module to the lock seems secure, Insteon communications to the module are not. Someone would only need to know that I had this lock setup. They could listen for Insteon commands to the Insteon lock module to find its address. After that, they could just send the unlock command. Of course, I think that the odds of this sort of attack are much lower than the odds of someone breaking a window, so it really doesn't worry me.

The biggest problem with the set up is that the lock doesn't talk back to the Insteon module. There's no way to know if the command to lock or unlock really worked, and there's no way to know if someone unlocked the door using the keychain remote or by entering a code on the keypad, or with the key, or with the lever on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
            It is "linked" to the door lock, but I don't think that involves Insteon at all. The linking process is to set the lock to RF programming mode, locate the Insteon module within a few inches of the lock and then press the button on the Insteon module. After a bit, the lock beeps and it's done.
            I think that each Insteon [lock] module has a unique RF rolling code and that the lock is set to accept that code, just like most garage door openers work.

While the one way RF link from the Insteon module to the lock seems secure, Insteon communications to the module are not. Someone would only need to know that I had this lock setup. They could listen for Insteon commands to the Insteon lock module to find its address. After that, they could just send the unlock command. Of course, I think that the odds of this sort of attack are much lower than the odds of someone breaking a window, so it really doesn't worry me.

The biggest problem with the set up is that the lock doesn't talk back to the Insteon module. There's no way to know if the command to lock or unlock really worked, and there's no way to know if someone unlocked the door using the keychain remote or by entering a code on the keypad, or with the key, or with the lever on the inside.
            seems strange that the lock doesn't broadcast its state back to the insteon module (so you can track status). I would research this a little more.

As you said, I wouldn't worry about someone spoofing insteon msgs. Someone would need a device (other than a plm) to initiate these spoofed msgs. PLMs only send msgs with their insteon id (this can't be overrided). Your insteon module will only respond to msgs from your PLM.

thanks
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

FEATURE REQUEST

Should the motion detectors show Motion / No Motion and use the default graphics for these rather than On / Off?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                FEATURE REQUEST

Should the motion detectors show Motion / No Motion and use the default graphics for these rather than On / Off?
                That's easy enough for you to fix yourself. Here's an example (just change it to your device numbers)

&hs.DeviceValuesAdd "[60", "~No Motion" & chr(2) & "0" & chr(1) & "~Motion" & chr(2) & "100", false
                &hs.DeviceValuesAdd "[68", "~battery_100" & chr(2) & "0" & chr(1) & "~battery_25" & chr(2) & "100", false
                &hs.DeviceValuesAdd "[67", "~luminance-100" & chr(2) & "0" & chr(1) & "~luminance-00" & chr(2) & "100", false

These execute directly. Take the "&" at the start of each line out to use them in a script instead.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                  That's easy enough for you to fix yourself. Here's an example (just change it to your device numbers)

&hs.DeviceValuesAdd "[60", "~No Motion" & chr(2) & "0" & chr(1) & "~Motion" & chr(2) & "100", false
                  &hs.DeviceValuesAdd "[68", "~battery_100" & chr(2) & "0" & chr(1) & "~battery_25" & chr(2) & "100", false
                  &hs.DeviceValuesAdd "[67", "~luminance-100" & chr(2) & "0" & chr(1) & "~luminance-00" & chr(2) & "100", false

These execute directly. Take the "&" at the start of each line out to use them in a script instead.
                  Thanks for the tip. I guess I am thinking this is a motion sensor not a light bulb so shouldn't the default follow the default icons/text for a motion sensor rather than a lighting device?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                    Thanks for the tip. I guess I am thinking this is a motion sensor not a light bulb so shouldn't the default follow the default icons/text for a motion sensor rather than a lighting device?
                    I do not disagree. I'm just giving you a work-around.

Comment

i can add this to the next version, but joegr's solution is a good one that will allow you to custom any hs device to your liking.

i have a script that does this for a bunch of my devices (doors, windows, etc)

these cmds only need to be run once, the settings are actually saved by hs in the database.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Selective polling

Hi Mark,

Problem: I have a SwitchLinc that I power off during winter. Whenever I initiate polling, it goes through its 5 attempts for this switch, chewing up time. I don't want to delete the device only to have to reprogram it in the spring.

Feature request 1: For each device, in addition to specific polling timing, have an option to include/exclude it (check mark) from the global polling command. Alternative: have a Disable option on each device (would show up in lists, but no action allowed against it)

Feature request 2: On the Edit Insteon Device page, have a button to specifically poll that device once. Great when you are debugging a particular device.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                          Hi Mark,

Problem: I have a SwitchLinc that I power off during winter. Whenever I initiate polling, it goes through its 5 attempts for this switch, chewing up time. I don't want to delete the device only to have to reprogram it in the spring.

Feature request 1: For each device, in addition to specific polling timing, have an option to include/exclude it (check mark) from the global polling command. Alternative: have a Disable option on each device (would show up in lists, but no action allowed against it)

Feature request 2: On the Edit Insteon Device page, have a button to specifically poll that device once. Great when you are debugging a particular device.
                          Feature request 1:
                          interesting idea on the disable device flag. so if the device was listed in the action of an event, then that particular action wouldn't be executed.

would an alternative solution to all this be a different event that is enabled or disabled based on the season and include or exclude said device. And you could always set the polling to zero.

i'll have to think about this one.

Feature request 2:
                          what should be displayed in this poll routine or are you just looking to see the entries in the log?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Feature request 1:
                            interesting idea on the disable device flag. so if the device was listed in the action of an event, then that particular action wouldn't be executed.

would an alternative solution to all this be a different event that is enabled or disabled based on the season and include or exclude said device. And you could always set the polling to zero.

i'll have to think about this one.
                            I'm not sure I follow the alternative solution. My biggest issue with polling as it is currently is that, in testing, I'm forced to go through polling all the devices just to actualize the status of one device or check that it is still responding. Even if all my devices have 'polling=0', since I use the 'poll devices' button.

That being said, I personally would prefer a 'disable device' option. This would
                            • Prevent it from being polled on a general poll command
                            • Ignore the device in any script or command (a pop up reminder would be nice) that wants to modify or action on it
                            • But still show up on lists, such as the status screen; even if the device was disabled, one could still get information on the device in scripts
                            I suspect this feature could require a significant change in the plugin architecture, but "oh, what a relief it would be"

Comment

Feature request 2:
                              what should be displayed in this poll routine or are you just looking to see the entries in the log?
                              Feature #2 is plan B if feature #1 is a no go. But my money is on #1.

As I said in my previous message, I find myseld often doing polls to "... actualize the status of one device or check that it is still responding ...".

To answer specifically, I would like to see a message confirming, for example, "Polling: [1:S. TV] TV spot (Status is: Off)", as with the general polling command. Entries in the log would be nice in 'debug' logging level.

Comment

What feature is up next?

Hi Mark,

Curious to see what's your next challenge for the plugin. How far down your list is support (via the interface vs. script) for the IRlinc receiver (2411R) ?

Comment

Working...
                                X