Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my problem is how to add the keypad linc to my HS system with your plug in, there is no address. and the tap system seems confusing. i have a tabletop unit that i used in another home with x 10- now i have insteon in my new home and i want to use it to have the scenes trigger separate HS events...
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

now how do i erase the old x10 codes i have in these buttons from a new address for the keylinc. ....
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
        now how do i erase the old x10 codes i have in these buttons from a new address for the keylinc. ....
        perform a factory reset of the device first to clear the x10 codes and existing links. Or follow the manual which describes how to clear the x10 addresses on each button.

my problem is how to add the keypad linc to my HS system with your plug in, there is no address. and the tap system seems confusing. i have a tabletop unit that i used in another home with x 10- now i have insteon in my new home and i want to use it to have the scenes trigger separate HS events...
        if the device is missing the address sticker, then link the kpl to the plm and then display the links for the interface to see the address.

To link the two do the following: put the plm into linking mode by pressing the set btn once. then put the kpl into linking mode by pressing the up paddle for 10 seconds until it beeps.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thanks mark. i found the ad dress and added it. then i did the factory reset by pulling out the set tab, waited 10 secs, then pushed in and held... it never beeped but eventually the ON button lit up so i assumed it was reset?

Comment

also mark, what do i need to boost the range/reception in my house... i have an access point unit... do i use that? i have the PLM in basement at my panel... sorry, new to insteon... use zwave but need insteon for some items. its fast!

Comment

here is my screen it doesnt show the homeseer in fo for toggl;ing buttons.
              Attached Files

Comment

thanks mark. i found the ad dress and added it. then i did the factory reset by pulling out the set tab, waited 10 secs, then pushed in and held... it never beeped but eventually the ON button lit up so i assumed it was reset?
                if it works great. sometimes its required to reprogram the device (using the function on the plugin device edit page) after a factory reset because the reset also erases internal links which are required.

also mark, what do i need to boost the range/reception in my house... i have an access point unit... do i use that? i have the PLM in basement at my panel... sorry, new to insteon... use zwave but need insteon for some items. its fast!
                Access points (AP) are an easy way to extend the range of the network. if this is your first insteon device, you need to make sure you put the AP on the opposite leg/phase as the PLM; this will bridge the legs of your panel. Otherwise put the AP somewhere between the plm and this KPL.

You can run the Test Comm feature in the plugin to figure out if the placement of the AP is helping.
                Last edited by mnsandler; April 22, 2013, 11:53 AM. Reason: config -> device edit
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

here is my screen it doesnt show the homeseer in fo for toggl;ing buttons.
                  what protocol is displayed for this KPL?

also please post the devicetype= entry from the insteon.ini for this device. the ini is in the homeseer\config folder
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

now you have lost me....

Comment

protocol i1

Comment

Keypadlinc - Example usage with the Insteon Plugin

Protocol i1 is very old. You will have to manually configure toggle btns. See the manual

If you just bought this kpl as new, I would return it
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

no this is an old one i had around. i will get a new one., thanks

Comment

Wow.... this writeup was amazing!

Comment

Volume Control?

Two questions...

1) I noticed that there isn't an option for "Toggle Off" (only Toggle On). I am still playing around with my configs so I'm not sure what I need/want but just thought I'd mention it since I do see that setting in the HouseLinc software

2) Any thoughts on how to set a button up to control volume? For example, I have a HS device set up to control the volume on my audio matrix. I am hoping to use this keypad so that each time I press a button, it increases the volume. For example, if I press button D 4 times, it increases the volume by 4 steps. My biggest hurdle is when I press the button 4 times in a row, Homeseer seems to only register one of those button presses. When I do the same in HouseLinc, I can see a 4 button presses in the log. I know this is possible because Insteon has this set up with Sonos (using their own hub).

Comment

nevermind... the HS log only registers a single button press but behind the scenes it is actually seeing all 4 presses and adjusts the device accordingly. YAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X