Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MNSandler HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.0 Release (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something isn't right. the devices should look like the following and align by name and address number (1...5)
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      something isn't right. the devices should look like the following and align by name and address number (1...5)
      I thought the icons seemed backwards. Any idea for a solution?

Thanks

Comment

Just updated to 3.0.6.0 ... (HS3 Pro / Windows)

1) Broke all Insteon Leak Sensor Heartbeat links in my Events.

2) The status text in HS Designer for all door/window sensors are initially blank (in the client). If I toggle (open/close) a sensor with the client open, it updates and displays that location correctly. If I close and re-open the client, all sensor status text fields are blank again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluke View Post
          Just updated to 3.0.6.0 ... (HS3 Pro / Windows)

1) Broke all Insteon Leak Sensor Heartbeat links in my Events.

2) The status text in HS Designer for all door/window sensors are initially blank (in the client). If I toggle (open/close) a sensor with the client open, it updates and displays that location correctly. If I close and re-open the client, all sensor status text fields are blank again.
          did you add the RecreateDevices=1 to your insteon.ini [config] section, before restarting the plugin.

if you already did this, then delete the leak sensor from the plugin, and add it again.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by cjr18 View Post

Thanks
            bump

Comment

Originally posted by cjr18 View Post

Thanks
              delete just the hs devices that are incorrect, add RecreateDevice=1 to the [device x] section of the insteon.ini and restart the plugin.

this should rebuild those hs devices.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                delete just the hs devices that are incorrect, add RecreateDevice=1 to the [device x] section of the insteon.ini and restart the plugin.

this should rebuild those hs devices.
                That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Mark,

I did add the statement to the config section of the insteon.ini file.

It was easier to just re-link the events for the leak sensors. I only have 9 leak sensors so that was a quick fix.

The door & window sensors are a much larger issue for me. I tried deleting one window sensors and re-installing it. No luck. The status icon is working and the status value is correct; however, the status text is still blank both in the HS Designer application and on the client (iPhone).

Comment

Hi Mark,

I did add the statement to the config section of the insteon.ini file.

It was easier to just re-link the events for the leak sensors. I only have 9 leak sensors so that was a quick fix.

The door & window sensors are a much larger issue for me. I tried deleting one window sensors and re-installing it. No luck. The status icon is working and the status value is correct; however, the status text is still blank both in the HS Designer application and on the client (iPhone).
                    i'll check this out
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

I have been researching this issue. I found a post where mrhappy said the following:

It is likely to be because it is set up as a root device, unfortunately HSTouch I understand does not show root devices and only child devices. This was never documented to my knowledge so some plugins that use root devices to show information are not shown in HSTouch. There is nothing you can do about it really unless HSTouch or the plugin is changed.

My devices all displayed the status text both in HS Designer and on the client before I upgraded to V3.0.6.0 Immediately after the update, the status text disappeared. Did they change from children to root devices?

Also note that the status text for the Heartbeat signals display correctly for all of these devices in HS Designer & client.

Thank You

Comment

Hi Mark,

I have been researching this issue. I found a post where mrhappy said the following:

It is likely to be because it is set up as a root device, unfortunately HSTouch I understand does not show root devices and only child devices. This was never documented to my knowledge so some plugins that use root devices to show information are not shown in HSTouch. There is nothing you can do about it really unless HSTouch or the plugin is changed.

My devices all displayed the status text both in HS Designer and on the client before I upgraded to V3.0.6.0 Immediately after the update, the status text disappeared. Did they change from children to root devices?

Also note that the status text for the Heartbeat signals display correctly for all of these devices in HS Designer & client.

Thank You
                        I did not change the root/child relationships. you can see this info on the Advanced tab of the hs device.

can you post the Status Graphics tab of one of the devices that you are referring to
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hey Mark,

Here is one:

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,

I looked at the Advanced tab per your post. Here is the Door's Status device:

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486180550

It says parent root.

Here is the Advanced tab for the Heartbeat device for the same door sensor:

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486180644

This one says child .

One more piece to the puzzle... While the client is open, if I physically change the door position, the status text for that door (only) will update correctly on the client. If I close and re-open the client, the status text is gone.

Comment

the images for the advanced tab didn't show, but the setup is correct. the heartbeat is a child of the main open/close device

not sure about the hstouch issue. that is a separate plugin.

does the status text update correctly on the hs ui?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here are the Advanced tab images:

The status text does update correctly on the hs ui.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X