Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.49 Beta (Win & Linux)..In Beta section of Updater7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    the settings match with one exception:. in the group settings, you can specific a delay. this isn't possible for the device settings

if this isn't what you are referring to, please post screen shots of the differences.

thanks for testing and providing feedback
    Yes, I realize the available options match, but the device behavior does not.

I've attached 2 pictures. One of my group settings and one of the device settings. With this setup, when I control the device directly via the device control page, I get 1 'ding-dong'. When I turn the group On, I get 2 'ding-dongs'. I realize this seems backwards considering I have 2 seconds setup for the device settings and only 1 for the group settings, but that's what's happening. If I change the device setting to 1 second and then click the 'On' button, I get nothing.

My main issue here is that I'd just like to be able to achieve 1 ding-dong via group control, but the fewest I can achieve is 2 ding-dongs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

i'll report this to Smarthome. Seems like a firmware issue if you are using the same settings on the device and group but getting different results
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, Mark. Were you able to replicate this behavior with your Siren?

I've had this for over a month but considering their firmware isn't field upgradable should I try contacting Smarthome about a return in hopes they fix this soon, if they haven't already? Or could there possibly be some other solution. Perhaps their documentation is wrong again? :-)
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
          Thanks, Mark. Were you able to replicate this behavior with your Siren?

I've had this for over a month but considering their firmware isn't field upgradable should I try contacting Smarthome about a return in hopes they fix this soon, if they haven't already? Or could there possibly be some other solution. Perhaps their documentation is wrong again? :-)
          I haven't tested your exacting settings but I do recall that when I used the 1 sec setting on my siren, I didn't get any sound either.

I have to try your group/link settings.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I've received my replacement Siren and there was no change the behavior I described above. Have you had a chance to look into that at all?

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
              Hi Mark,

I've received my replacement Siren and there was no change the behavior I described above. Have you had a chance to look into that at all?
              Mike,
              I haven't had a chance to retest. the family hates this device (the noise) so I have to have an empty house and time to work on it. That doesn't happen very frequently.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mike,
                I haven't had a chance to retest. the family hates this device (the noise) so I have to have an empty house and time to work on it. That doesn't happen very frequently.
                Understandable. I'm not a huge fan myself. I'm going to have to muffle it with more than that plastic covering it comes with if the 'chime' or 'ding-dong' is going to be of any use to me. That of course would decrease its effectiveness as a siren. A better sounding, quieter chime is what this device needs.

Comment

Poll interval of some modules goes back to 0.
                  How can I fix this?
                  Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                    Poll interval of some modules goes back to 0.
                    How can I fix this?
                    I added a polling disable feature so that if a device isn't responding to a poll request after 2 times, the polling gets set to 0 and thus the plugin stops polling it.

you should find Warnings in your log when this occurs
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I added a polling disable feature so that if a device isn't responding to a poll request after 2 times, the polling gets set to 0 and thus the plugin stops polling it.

you should find Warnings in your log when this occurs
                      Yes, this occurs a couple of times during the day:

Date Type Message
                      2017-03-25 21:50:10 Insteon Interface successfully restarted.
                      2017-03-25 21:50:06 Insteon PLM contacted on 192.168.1.233:25105 with an Insteon address of 1E.C0.71 and firmware version 9C
                      2017-03-25 21:49:53 Insteon Attempting to restart the port and Interface...
                      2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Transmit failed to device Badkamer Spiegel(I) (1A.89.BE) for cmd 00 00 00 1A 89 BE 0F 2E 4B after 5 tries.
                      2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon The PLM has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.
                      2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Transmit failed to device Badkamer plafond(I) (1A.8A.05) for cmd 00 00 00 1A 8A 05 0F 11 E6 after 5 tries.
                      2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Interface_TrapError called from SendHex
                      2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...
                      2017-03-25 21:49:46 Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                      2017-03-25 21:49:46 Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page,​ and then restart HS.

How can I prevent the polling to stop?
                      After the interface has restarted, the status of the polled device is unknown and when on it is not switched off anymore by my event, that checks if a device is on when it should be off.
                      This is one of the devices that keeps on switching off polling:
                      Badkamer Spiegel(I) Click to edit device links 1A.89.BE Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer (240V) 40 0 i2 67% (98 failed out of 294 cmds) 137 19 21 Good
                      Peter

Comment

Yes, this occurs a couple of times during the day:

Date Type Message
                        2017-03-25 21:50:10 Insteon Interface successfully restarted.
                        2017-03-25 21:50:06 Insteon PLM contacted on 192.168.1.233:25105 with an Insteon address of 1E.C0.71 and firmware version 9C
                        2017-03-25 21:49:53 Insteon Attempting to restart the port and Interface...
                        2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Transmit failed to device Badkamer Spiegel(I) (1A.89.BE) for cmd 00 00 00 1A 89 BE 0F 2E 4B after 5 tries.
                        2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon The PLM has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.
                        2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Transmit failed to device Badkamer plafond(I) (1A.8A.05) for cmd 00 00 00 1A 8A 05 0F 11 E6 after 5 tries.
                        2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Interface_TrapError called from SendHex
                        2017-03-25 21:49:52 Insteon Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...
                        2017-03-25 21:49:46 Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                        2017-03-25 21:49:46 Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page,​ and then restart HS.

How can I prevent the polling to stop?
                        After the interface has restarted, the status of the polled device is unknown and when on it is not switched off anymore by my event, that checks if a device is on when it should be off.
                        This is one of the devices that keeps on switching off polling:
                        Badkamer Spiegel(I) Click to edit device links 1A.89.BE Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer (240V) 40 0 i2 67% (98 failed out of 294 cmds) 137 19 21 Good
                        i think we are talking about two different scenarios. you are dealing with an interface issue.

have you tried the triggers and actions to restart the plugin when the interface crashes
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i think we are talking about two different scenarios. you are dealing with an interface issue.

have you tried the triggers and actions to restart the plugin when the interface crashes
                          The plugin auto restarts and other devices are working ok.
                          Don't have to do anything manually.
                          Only problem I have is that a few devices stop polling.
                          Peter

Comment

The plugin auto restarts and other devices are working ok.
                            Don't have to do anything manually.
                            Only problem I have is that a few devices stop polling.
                            Peter,
                            there is an Insteon action you can use to reset the polling interval for any device
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Peter,
                              there is an Insteon action you can use to reset the polling interval for any device
                              I did that with an event triggering every 15 minutes now, but is it possible to add an option in the setup of the plugin to switch off resetting the polling interval?
                              Peter

Comment

Peter
                                Did you confirm that the polling was disabled? Do you see the warnings in the log

I can add an ini setting to override the feature
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X