This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices Revert After Manual Change Following Recent Event

This issue has likely been posted before but I couldn't find it anywhere.

After an event changes a device and I then manually revert the device to its prior state, a minute or three later the device again changes to its event-programmed state.

For example, I have the living room lights set to turn off at 11:30 PM but the movie I'm watching runs late, so I turn a couple of the lights back on by pressing their respective Insteon controllers. A minute or so later they turn off again. I get up and turn them back on again... then they turn off again. It can be up to five minutes later and it seems to happen to any device that was recently controlled by an event.

This occurs consistently so I imagine I've got something set up incorrectly. The "cannot retrigger" value on most events set for 10 s.

the issue is probably related to the trigger you are using with the event. some hs triggers get fired every minute, and can cause this scenario.

for your 11:30 trigger, use a trigger that looks for the time exactly at 11:30, not after 11:30.

otherwise, please post a screen shot of the definition of one of the events that turns these lights on/off
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, it's exactly 11:30.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see you have primary and secondary switches listed in the action. try only putting in the primary (ie remove the secondary). I think the secondary switches will updated via the plugin.

btw. how long does this event take to run?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

OMG! I just looked at the logs to get the time span for the event. I runs continuously for over half an hour... 15000+ entries. I'm not sure what it's doing because the actions (lights out) happen in about 10 seconds.

Obviously, I can't post the log here. What can I do to get to the root of the problem?

Comment

See the first part of my post in #4 above.

also, I would recommend create a few Insteon groups to accomplish your lights off scenario. again, only command the primary/load devices.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have removed all secondary device references from the event. I suspect the keypad buttons and secondary switches may not sync, since this is why I included them in the event originally. (I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.)

I will endeavour another group programming. I found it to provide inconsistent event control the first time I tried. "On"= programmed state; "Off" = off... right?

Comment

do you use the setting 'sync linked responder devices'? its on each device edit page within the plugin. it should sync the secondary devices when the primary is controlled
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yup. I check that box for all devices that have a secondary controller. I think I also check that option for some devices that don't have secondary controllers in case I later reconfigure.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    ...also, I would recommend create a few Insteon groups to accomplish your lights off scenario. again, only command the primary/load devices.
                    My previous attempt at creating groups for event control led to a couple of problems, one of which was inconsistent device response. The other was an issue with duplicate group names. This happened last time and has happened again this time. After I created the first few groups, I noticed that Group 1 had adopted the name of Group 2. I did not create them that way (see attached pic). Note that the contents of the groups that now share a name have retained their unique contents. I have already changed the name of Group 1 back to Family/Kitchen Group but it reverted shortly thereafter. Also, why do you suppose the interface reference numbers are out of sequence?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bill,
                      Not sure about the group name duplication issue. It appears they are both using Interface #1 which is strange. this shouldn't happen either. If you delete Group #2 and recreate it, does it still try to reuse Interface #1?

if the devices aren't responding to the group commands, then you need to check the logs to see if the device heard the group cmd. Also check the log to see if they responded to the group clean up cmds.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I performed the following. (Screenshots in order).

1. Copied Group 1 first (Group 9) which again, used interface #1. Note Group 1 reverted to its original (correct) name.

2. Deleted new (copied) group. Note Group 1 again changed to its duplicate name.

3. Delete original Group 1. Note original Group 2 (now taking Group 1's place) shows no interface #.

4. Recreated Group 1 (now Group 8 with interface ref #47). Group 1 still showing no interface ref #.

Strange things happen in the land of the midnight sun...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X