Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jasco 14219 switch Stealth Instant Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jasco 14219 switch Stealth Instant Status?

I noticed something today when I was making an event to alert me that the electric snow melt system had been switched on. This load is switched via a contactor that actually switches the 240v load and is controlled by a 120v Jasco Z-Wave 14291 plus the switch.

I was okay with establishing a polling value of 6 minutes - good enough for my need. However, when I pressed the on the button the event fired immediately and HS 3 status updated too. I repeated this a few times just because I didn't believe what I was seeing.

I looked at the node information in z-wave node information and it displays in part ... Scene Actuator Conf, Scene Activation (I have no clue what they mean)... Also I notice these lines are not found in Jasco's other new z-wave plus in-wall dimmers... The switches details (z-wave alliance) don't mention anything about the instant status or scenes and aren't Scenes and Instant Status kind of intertwined?

So what am I seeing? Does this switch supports Instant Status or is something else happening that escapes my cracker jack powers of observation...

-Rick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rmorton27; March 5, 2017, 05:37 PM.
    -Rick

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post

So what am I seeing? Does this switch supports Instant Status or is something else happening that escapes my cracker jack powers of observation...

-Rick
    HomeSeer supports pseudo instant status on quite a few devices that do not offer true instant status. It only works when there is a direct route between the device and the controller.

The basic function is that the GE and other devices send out an announcement that they just changed - HomeSeer sees that announcement and initiates a poll to determine the status. That gets around the instant status patent by not transmitting the new status, just an announcement that something changed.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

are you seeing that with the "Listens" field?
      i have a few GE toggle style zwave switches now and they also do not provide instant status... however.. i have a Yes under that spot as well.. and confirmed that i dont get updates..

so enjoy it!!!!!!!
      Attached Files
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        HomeSeer supports pseudo instant status on quite a few devices that do not offer true instant status. It only works when there is a direct route between the device and the controller.

The basic function is that the GE and other devices send out an announcement that they just changed - HomeSeer sees that announcement and initiates a poll to determine the status. That gets around the instant status patent by not transmitting the new status, just an announcement that something changed.
        I had to go about it differently because I couldn't force a direct route between my GE dimmer and the z-wave controller. I just set the polling interval for 2 seconds instead of 20 minutes and I get nearly 'instant updates'. Thinking of tuning this down to 1 second. Sure it's chatty but the device is powered and everything else has a much higher polling interval so thinking I should be OKAY.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron9060 View Post
          I had to go about it differently because I couldn't force a direct route between my GE dimmer and the z-wave controller. I just set the polling interval for 2 seconds instead of 20 minutes and I get nearly 'instant updates'. Thinking of tuning this down to 1 second. Sure it's chatty but the device is powered and everything else has a much higher polling interval so thinking I should be OKAY.
          i may have to do this with a few of mine.. 2 seconds and no issues? I am thinking 30 seconds for mine....

i have some where i want lights off pretty quick if on during certain times. example is my front lights.. kids hit both light switches on going upstairs... so front porch light is on... i dont want it on... during the day..

funny how im told z-wave is so much better than x10 but yet my x10 togglelinc switches are light years better in every way...
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
          X