Help With Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Thermostat

Newbie here, just got my HomeTroller Zee yesterday and installed this wonderful plugin. Not only can I now talk to my Omni through Alexa, I can monitor my home from anywhere with HSTouch. Believe me, when living in the boonies and using satellite ISP, monitoring anything at home has been problematic and this is the first time I have had success.

My situation is that in HSTouch, the Climate button shows data in Celsius, even though both the Omni and HomeSeer are set for Fahrenheit display. I am running an Omni IIe panel and a RC-2000 thermostat and HSTouch on an Android (v. 6.0.1) phone.

I sometimes (seldom) see Fahrenheit on the HSTouch display, but it often quickly reverts to Celsius while you look at it. It controls the HVAC properly although sometimes a one degree change (C) on HSTouch results in 20 or so degrees (F) at the stat. Usually when that happens, the display changes back to Fahrenheit right after and I can adjust the stat back to the setpoint I am after.

In HSTouch and the HomeSeer Web Control, the thermostat readings are both in Fahrenheit when looking at the Lighting and Devices/HAI and Device List respectively. Sometimes if I click Thermostat Root Device on HStouch I get Fahrenheit but not always and on the Device List the Thermostat Root Device shows "Status Not Set".

Sorry for the long post but can anyone offer help on what I am doing wrong or a setting I have missed?

Thanks William!

Under the Tools -> Setup page, make sure "Temperature Scale" is set to Fahrenheit

I think that might be what HSTouch uses to display. If that doesnt work, let me know. There might be something HSTouch-specific that we can change.

Let me know...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks Rob,

Loving your plugin!

I have played with the Temperature Scale on the Setup page. At least once, changing it to Celsius made the HSTouch display show in Fahrenheit briefly but does not seem consistent. With it set to Fahrenheit I still get Celsius display in HSTouch.

Comment

Let me check a few things and see what I can find out. I'll post back here...

Comment

Rob,

I was having some problems with the Omni IIe main board communicator and just now changed to board for a new one. Problem seems to be solved now. Hope that was the issue because I really love this Zee with your plugin. I am trying to figure out how to purchase it right now

Thanks for looking into it.

Comment

ah - no problem william!

Comment

Working...
            X