This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions regarding Motion & Door sensors

So I currently have 3 motion sensors and 1 hidden door sensor that I am trying to set up alerts for battery changes.

The devices that the Add Insteon device manually has created for each sensor seem to be different in regards to battery level (some have voltage numbers, one has just an ON/OFF).

I also just noticed that the motion sensor devices don't have a device type set.

And also, why don't I have a reset for the Low Battery warnings for the motion sensors (but I do for the door sensor) ?

Any ideas please?

as a test, delete and re-add one of the of the motions sensors to see if it will register properly.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      as a test, delete and re-add one of the of the motions sensors to see if it will register properly.
      So I did a factory reset on the motion sensor, then added device manually. Only 4 channels showed up (Voltage level was missing). I then did a 'Program Device' (I'm learning!), and a fifth channel showed for Voltage Level, so device def now looks like as this:

Three devices (Occ, Dusk/Dawn, Low Batt) appear normal in HS3 Home view, but the Heart Beat device is not linked to the 3 other devices for that motion sensor. It appears in the home view on a separate ungrouped row like so:

and no sign of the Voltage Level (Channel 5) at all...

BTW - it appears that manually adding an Insteon device does not save the location field entered either...

Comment

I recently had that happen on one of my HS projects as well. Out of 4 motions, one of them showed up with the voltage device not grouped with the rest of the motion devices. I tried removing it and re-programming it but to no avail. It all works, but if there is a way to manually put it in the proper grouping I would really like to do that.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Guys, the motion sensor support varies by firmware version.

this is what I get for fw 44, but not all fw versions will get the same devices. Also make sure to Select All from the Device type filter on the hs dev mgmt. page.
          Attached Files
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            Guys, the motion sensor support varies by firmware version.

this is what I get for fw 44, but not all fw versions will get the same devices. Also make sure to Select All from the Device type filter on the hs dev mgmt. page.
            Mark - I know how to filter on devices... But Battery Level and Heart Beat channels indicate NO device types - so that will not help.

So this motion sensor is also fw v44. How do I get:

a) have the correct Device Type reflected by the Voltage Level and Heart Beat channels?
            b) my Voltage level reading a voltage number correctly, as per your example (not ON/OFF)?
            c) my Voltage Level and Heart Beat grouped into the other channels for this motion sensor (maybe linked to having no device type)?

Thanks,

A

Comment

That was the same issue I had with the motion I was working with. When it was added it created all of the devices but the voltage device did not have a device type. Also it did not have the status only check box checked like the others. And lastly it was not grouped with the other devices that were part of the motion detector. Exactly like Amr42.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

guys, with device type displayed, here is what I get.

if you don't get this with v3.0.6.0, then please try the latest beta in the Updater
                Attached Files
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark I can't speak for others, but that is exactly what I get for 3 of my 4 motions. But the 4th, which is the same firmware, just randomly decided to not group Battery level device with all of the other devices. It also did not give it a type or check the box for status only. It just seems to be a random anomaly. Everything works and all the devices were created, it's just not quite right for reasons unknown. AMR42's screenshot is a perfect example. Although in his case it was 2 disassociated devices.

Is there some file I can edit that would tell homeseer to put the oddball device in to the grouping for which it belongs?

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                    Is there some file I can edit that would tell homeseer to put the oddball device in to the grouping for which it belongs?
                    you would need to write a script to modify the device properties; specifically the relationship and associated reference

Relationship Status TO Child
                    Associated Devices Insteon Garage Motion Sensor - Occupancy Sensor
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

cool thanks!

Comment

I was able to fix the issue supper easy by using this: https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173998

Thank you again for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                          I was able to fix the issue supper easy by using this: https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173998

Thank you again for the info!
                          Using this method will allow me to move the ungrouped devices into the Motion Sensor group, but will not fix the Battery voltage level which should be a numerical value, but appears to report ON/OFF.

Motion Sensor w/FW v41 - has no heart beat
                          Motion Sensor w/FW v44 - has no Low Battery reset function (according to HS3 Home view)

I have 2 more motion sensors still in their box that I can crack open, but I need to know that I can manual tweak the device settings to group them, and have low battery warning resets, and have voltage levels display numerics rather than ON/OFF. @Mark - is this possible?

Comment

I had a similar ON/OFF issue with one of my weather app devices. In my case, I had to remove the device, then turn the plugin off/on then re-add the device to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post
                              Using this method will allow me to move the ungrouped devices into the Motion Sensor group, but will not fix the Battery voltage level which should be a numerical value, but appears to report ON/OFF.

Motion Sensor w/FW v41 - has no heart beat
                              Motion Sensor w/FW v44 - has no Low Battery reset function (according to HS3 Home view)

I have 2 more motion sensors still in their box that I can crack open, but I need to know that I can manual tweak the device settings to group them, and have low battery warning resets, and have voltage levels display numerics rather than ON/OFF. @Mark - is this possible?
                              can you delete the v44 MS, make sure all the related hs devices are gone/deleted, and then read the device.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X