This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchronizing Keypad Buttons

Is there a relatively easy way to keep a Keypad's buttons in sync with the devices they control? I mainly see the issue when I send the Global OFF command at midnight. I use this to insure all the lights are off. However, this command does not turn off the button lights. So in the morning the keypads are in whatever state they were in at midnight. In my HS2 setup, I ran an event after midnight that turned each and every keypad off manually. This was quite tedious and I was hoping that there was a better way for HS3.

I also see this whenever I turn a device on/off via HS3 vs. using an actual device. The keypad button will not change to the corresponding state of the responder.

I though about setting up an event for each device that is controlled by a keypad button and then have the event change the button state. But that is even more work.

Looking for suggestions as I'm sure others have tried to deal with this problem.

the plugin should update the status of the participant devices.

can you enabled detailed logging in the plugin, then initiate the global group Off cmd, and copy and paste a log snippet of the transaction
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have this issue when devices are controlled by another hub. In my case, when Alexa (Echo) triggers my Insteon Hub to turn a light off or on. So I have the device configured in HS to be polled every 30 minutes and then an event that fires when the device status changes and sets the keypad button to match the device state.

Scott

Comment

Scott, I think you could avoid that by turning off the Insteon skill and turning on the Homeseer skill. This would also give Elexa access to other Homeseer devices in addition to strictly Insteon devices.

randy

Comment

Originally posted by randy_h View Post
          Scott, I think you could avoid that by turning off the Insteon skill and turning on the Homeseer skill. This would also give Elexa access to other Homeseer devices in addition to strictly Insteon devices.

randy
          You are correct, if I connect Alexa to HS (which it actually already is using the skill, not the basic linking/connection). However, when I last tried (six-nine+ months ago) I was not satisfied with HomeSeer's (whether it is due to HS on my system or the web service that my HS instance connects to) ability to stay reliably connected to Amazon's infrastructure. Sometimes, my command would be met with an error about not being connected or something error about HS not responding. Say the command again and it would work, like it needed the first time to "wake up" something.

I get very frustrated when home automation does not work reliably every time, which is one reason I cannot stand my Z-Wave door locks (though Z-Wave locks are far, far superior to Insteon/MiLocks for features). The connection from Alexa/Echo to the Hub and necessary back-end infrastructure works every single time. (I admit, though, that despite Alexa saying "Okay" when I tell her to turn on/off a light, occasionally the light does not respond in kind. This occurs less frequently than with HS, however.)

Comment

Working...
          X