Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to discover any devices - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to discover any devices - Solved!

Current Date/Time: 12/12/2016 4:46:07 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.258
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 7 Minutes 50 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.112
    Number of Devices: 139
    Number of Events: 97

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.21.28949: Blue-Iris
    2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT
    1.0.0.9: HSInsteon
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.11: NetCAM
    0.0.0.22: Pushover 3P
    3.0.1.25: Z-Wave
    I can't get the Alexa app to discover any of my HS devices. I followed the Option #1 instructions here: http://homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html

I entered my MyHS account info into the Alexa app and it says it linked successfully. When I hit "Discover devices" it searches and then does not find any of my HS devices. It does find 7 harmony/yonomi devices that I've had set up for a long time. I tried forgetting all devices and discovering devices again and it finds the same 7 devices, none from HS. I've logged out of all my HS clients and MyHS webpage and powered off both of my Echos and unlinked/relinked Alexa/MyHS several times. I'm using same username/password to log into HS3 and the Alexa app when linking. I can access MyHS remotely from outside my home network by logging in through a web browser so that appears to be working.

I have plenty of On/Off/Dim devices with standard names like "kitchen light". They all have the 'voice command' box checked. In their 'Status Graphics' page they all have On/Off/dim set for the 'control use' boxes. When I initiate device discovery the HS log shows "Dec-12 4:07:37 PM Info Amazon Echo Discovery requested". I also periodically see the same message even when I did not initiate the device discovery.

I've retried everything several times over the course of the past week with the same results.

I am able to get Option 2 working, however I really dont like having to say "Tell Homeseer to..." What else can I try?

DOH....I just realized that I had unchecked the box for automatic updates at startup so I was running an old version. As soon as I updated it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by tallguydirk View Post
      DOH....I just realized that I had unchecked the box for automatic updates at startup so I was running an old version. As soon as I updated it worked.

which box exactly did you check?

Comment

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
        which box exactly did you check?
        Tools > Setup > General > Other Settings > Check for HS3 Update at Startup

Comment

Hmm... I don't seem to have that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
            Hmm... I don't seem to have that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you have a Zee or Linux version, that option will not be available.
            You should see a "Check for Update" button near the top of the page.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
            X