This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Remote Model: 2342-2 not detecting as the correct type

It's being detected as "Device Type 001B" instead of RemoteLinc 2 - 4-Btn Keypad"

The back of this remote says v1.7 1506

cut and paste from the plug-in:

35.65.B1 Device Type 001B 38 0 i2CS (Not enough data) 8 0 0 Excellent

Another remote of the same type shows up like this:

2E.77.F4 RemoteLinc 2 - 4-Btn Keypad 37 0 i2CS 100% (0 failed out of 20 cmds) 96 3 4 Excellent

The working remote says v1.5S 1424

Any chance the plugin could support the newer version? or do I have some other type of problem going on?
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

what version are you running? you just need to upgrade your plugin. check for the latest beta at the top of the forum

please make sure you back up everything before upgrading
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I was using 3.0.5.20 from the updater.

I'll try the latest beta.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
        I was using 3.0.5.20 from the updater.

I'll try the latest beta.
        everything working now?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hello Mark,

I'm just trying to setup my first mini remote.

Although I don't see this specifically mentioned in the forum (I may be blind with man eyes)... I take it this will only work if I install the beta plugin?

I was going to just go ahead and try that, but I don't see any beta plugin currently listed in the beta plugin folder... do I suffer from man eyes here too?

Anyway, I'm currently running HS 3.0.0.208 and Insteon 3.0.5.20. The mini-remote is v1.5 1441 .

When I push the link button on the remote, the led flashes green, but I don't see any action when tap adding (nor any traffic on the com port after it goes into tap add). I do have several dual band devices in my network, so I don't think it's an RF / RX issue.

thanks for the help in advance,
          Dave

Comment

look for the beta thread at the top of this forum.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176086
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark,

now running on your latest beta (3.0.5.57).

I was able to get mini remote to connect, only after manually entering it while it was in link mode (tap add wasn't working, but perhaps isn't supported?)

Had some issues when I changed it from 4 button to 8 button... button order / naming got a bit mixed up, and HS only gave 5 devices (not 8).

Eventually deleted the device, re-created it from scratch, changed it to 8 and updated from device link map... then it all looked correct, buttons A-H in order, and 8 same named devices in HS3.

cheers,
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dhalsall View Post
                Thanks Mark,

now running on your latest beta (3.0.5.57).

I was able to get mini remote to connect, only after manually entering it while it was in link mode (tap add wasn't working, but perhaps isn't supported?)

Had some issues when I changed it from 4 button to 8 button... button order / naming got a bit mixed up, and HS only gave 5 devices (not 8).

Eventually deleted the device, re-created it from scratch, changed it to 8 and updated from device link map... then it all looked correct, buttons A-H in order, and 8 same named devices in HS3.

cheers,
                Dave
                yeah, swapping from 4 to 8 or vice versa isn't perfect. deleting and restarting is usually the best approach. glad you got it working.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark,

one more quickie... I see in the log if you quick push a button on the mini-remote, it calls that an "ON", while if you push and hold; you get "Start Ramp" and when you stop pushing you get "Stop Ramp".

I would like to use that functionality in when creating some events, but the conditions only provide "On", "Off", "a custom value or range of values", "set to any value", "an invalid or error state" and "unknown".

Is the support for "ramp start" and "ramp end" forthcoming? Or do I use a "value" ?

Dave

Comment

Aren't there already insteon triggers for ramp up, etc
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

sorry - just noticed them under the Insteon special triggers list.

never mind me

thanks,
                      Dave

Comment

2342-2 8-Button Mini Remote support

Mark,

I have v2.0.0.26 on HS2 and it doesn't seem to support the 2342-2 8-Button remote. Is there a more recent version of the plug-in which supports it?

Comment

Originally posted by diazhome View Post
                          Mark,

I have v2.0.0.26 on HS2 and it doesn't seem to support the 2342-2 8-Button remote. Is there a more recent version of the plug-in which supports it?
                          here is the last set of betas I posted for HS2. I am not developing/enhancing the hs2 plugin anymore.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169304
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by dhalsall View Post
                            Hello Mark,

Anyway, I'm currently running HS 3.0.0.208 and Insteon 3.0.5.20. The mini-remote is v1.5 1441 .

Dave
                            Dave, if you're using HS 3.0.0.208, you're a few versions back. The latest is 3.0.0.357. That could be causing you some issues also...

If you go to Tools / Setup / General Tab, there is a check box to have HS check for updates every time you start it up.

For Mark's Insteon Beta updates, you can also find and install them easily from Plug-ins / Manage / Wait for "Getting 3rd part information" to finish / Additional Interfaces / Betas (near the bottom) / Click the box next to Insteon Plugin by Mark Sandler. Then scroll back near the top and click "Download and Install". Sometimes you have to Disable the currently running Plugin for the new one to install properly, then re-enable it after the new one installs.

Comment

Working...
                            X