1 Gang Dual Switch for HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Gang Dual Switch for HomeSeer

I have Cooper Wiring z-wave dimmers (RF9540AW & RF9542AW) throughout our house and I am quite happy with them. Due to space restrictions, I have one place where I have two 'manual' switches in a one gang box. I want to replace this switch with one that can be controlled through HomeSeer, ideally with z-wave. If it can be dimmed that would be even better but it's not necessary. I looked at Cooper, Lutron, Jasco/GE, etc but just can't find anything. Are you aware of such a switch?

Here is a switch I am talking about except it can't be controlled via HomeSeer

Lutron MA-L3L3-WH https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-MA-L3L.../dp/B0016P6JHG

Maybe the Leviton VRCS2-MRZ Vizia RF would work for you?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What about one of these?
      https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...nt=43533811532
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        You'd pair this with either a micro or nano.. such as https://aeotec.com/z-wave-light-dimmer-switch

The cooper 5 button scene controller does dim and should fit the look of your other switches nicely
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the responses.

The VRCS2-MRZ looks VERY interesting except that the reviews are pretty bad and it seems it's not produced anymore (not available on Amazon and Ebay). I wish they had a replacement but couldn't find anything on their website.

The scene controllers are interesting, too. However, I really only need two switches and not several scenes. Also I probably don't have the space in the back to install two nano dimmers. More importantly, if the z-wave network is down I can't operate the light switches anymore. My goal is to have everything working even if HomeSeer goes down (in that case without automation, of course).

Comment

I have a similar situation, but in my case I'm looking for a combo fan/light dimmer in a 1-gang package. I've about given up the search.

I contacted Aeotec and they told me they'd love to make a dual nano dimmer, but can't do it safely. They do plan to release a dual nano switch though later this year.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Here continue to utilize powerline UPB / Upstart.

The switches can and do work independently from the automation controller.

Lately to downsize the wall footprint have gone to dual load multiple toggle scene switches which works fine for me.

Typically in the last 30 years my homes have had wall switches for fans / lights / 1/2 of the wall outlets which makes for a busy wall box here. (using metal boxes and conduit).

I have had no issues blending multiple technologies relating to automation.

X10,UPB, Zwave and Zigbee all play nice together with Homeseer.

A Decora style switch is a decora style switch is a decora style switch. Plain old white versus old ivory color switches is what I utilize and easiest to find.

For a bit in the 1970's did go for that room theme wall plate cover thing with toggle switches with mostly solid wood decorative covers. I abandoned that in the 1980's.

With the changes in a Light load (LED) now the "switch" is becoming smaller. Same with the combination motor fan / lamp loads. First automated switch here utilized for the main house chandelier was massive with large heat sinks and it did get warm to hot.

Really with Homeseer there are no set rules relating to what you utilize for automation.

Last newer homes noticed single duplex mud plates over 4" square metal boxes. Here initially carefully cut out the dry wall and removed single duplex mud plates replacing them with double gang box mud rings fitting in two switches. (tight in metal boxes). Used oversized white wall plates.
              Last edited by Pete; October 15, 2017, 03:20 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                Thanks everybody for the responses.

The VRCS2-MRZ looks VERY interesting except that the reviews are pretty bad and it seems it's not produced anymore (not available on Amazon and Ebay). I wish they had a replacement but couldn't find anything on their website.

The scene controllers are interesting, too. However, I really only need two switches and not several scenes. Also I probably don't have the space in the back to install two nano dimmers. More importantly, if the z-wave network is down I can't operate the light switches anymore. My goal is to have everything working even if HomeSeer goes down (in that case without automation, of course).
                I have the 5 button scene controller that controls 4 micro's. I actually put the micro's in the wiring boxes behind each fixture, not in the wall box so space wasn't a concern for me.

When I programmed each button of the scene controller I set them to control one micro each. The buttons control the micro's directly via zwave commands which aren't routed through homeseer so the switch works as expected regardless of homeseer being up or not.

Note that since setting this up I recently saw a video on homeseer where an association to homeseer is set up to each button; I'm not sure if doing this would still allow direct control from the 5 button controller since it appears the homeseer video controlled the devices using events.
                HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                Number of Devices: 1005
                Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
                X