www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
SqueezeBox plugin V2.1.0 beta

Attached is Version 2.1.0 of the SqueezeBox plug-in with additional features compared to the release version in the updater.

Beta Update V2.1.0.0
  • New HS2 Event Triggers to trigger events based on changes for a specific player.
  • RSS server to display information in screensavers for JIVE based players (Controller, Radio, etc) using the Custom Clock Applet (see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...122#post461122 ). You will need to configure screensaver screens displayed in the Custom Clock Applet and refer to RSS feeds from HS2. Please refer to the plugin documentation for additional information.
  • Support browsing and playing of Favorites, Apps (Pandora, Spotify, BBC, etc) and Radios defined in LMS. You access Apps, Radios and Favorites from the Genres list in HSTouch via one of these three entries: LMS_Favorites, LMS_MyApps and LMS_Radios. The organization of the content is not exactly as you would see it in the LMS Web Interface on or on players as the HS2 Music API only allows to organize music by Genre, Artists, Albums and Tracks. I rearranged the LMS content to map to the HS2 Music APIs approach with limited folder depth. Also note that due to the recursive behavior of some LMS Internet Radio folders and content, I had to limit the number of radio stations. There is also a known problem when attempting to play some radio station from HSTouch; An error message is displayed in the Hs2 log that the plugin could not findthe id for the selected radio station.
  • Option in plugin configuration page to use mp3 files in the TTS speech proxy
  • Option in plugin configuration page to enable Music API debugging

Beta Update V2.1.0.1:
  • Fixed several bugs related to browsing Radios and Apps recursively
  • Known issues with Spotify: Playing entries in "Top 100", "What's New" and "Radio". For "What's New" it always played the first while for the others the LMS Spotify plugin does not play the item. Will need to further investigate.
  • Fixed an issue when using mp3 files for the TTS
  • Fixed an issue getting the artwork under some conditions
  • Fixed an issue related to Player trigger

Beta Update V2.1.0.2:
  • Fixed current playlist content returned by GetCurrentPlaylistTracks() upon some conditions
  • Revised Speak Proxy implementation including the addition of an operation mode to queue or discard messages. Also resolved several issues and decreased the speech delay between HomeSeeer speakers and SqueezeBox players
  • Replaced the plug-in 2nd and 3rd HomeSeer devices ("Player Count" and "Library Information") with two devices for the Speak Proxy to control the Speak Proxy Mode and the number of messages in the Queue
  • Revised HomeSeer Event Trigger implementation splitting the ones that that are not player specific from the player specific ones into different plug-in Event Triggers. Also added additional triggers: Speak Proxy is Started, Speak Proxy is Stopped, HomeSeer Starts Speaking, HomeSeer Stops Speaking, Proxy Mode Changed
  • Addition of new HomeSeer Event Conditions to check if HomeSeer is speaking, the speak proxy is enabled, the speak proxy queue is empty, the speak proxy mode and the status of a specific player (connected, disconnected, off, on, playing, stopped, paused, playing or muted)
  • Added new Scripting APIs"
    • Public Sub EnableSpeakProxy()
    • Public Sub DisableSpeakProxy()
    • Public Function IsSpeakProxyEnabled() As Boolean
    • Public Sub SpeakProxyNormalMode()
    • Public Sub SpeakProxyQueueMode()
    • Public Sub SpeakProxyDiscardMode()
    • Public Sub SpeakProxyEmptyQueue()
    • Public Function SpeakProxyGetMode() As String
  • Documentation update
  • Known issues with Spotify remain

Beta Update V2.1.0.3:
  • Fixed Speak Proxy issue upon startup
  • Updates when navigating Spotify entries (in HSTouch): "flattened" one Spotify subfolder (Top 100, What's New, recent xxx, etc) to provide better organization / granularity. For example, in addition to "Top 100", you will have entries called "Top 100 -- Artists", "Top 100 -- Albums", etc
  • Spotify Radio selection should now play the corresponding Spotify radio
  • Made a few additional classes Serializable.

Beta Update V2.1.0.4:
  • Fixed "timing" issue with TTS under some conditions
  • Only querying LMS for the player count upon connection or player connect/disconnect messages from LMS

Beta Update V2.1.0.5:
  • Fixed showing hidden devices upon connect
  • Mute button in status page now works as toggle

Beta Update V2.1.0.6:
  • Plugin caches player name which is reused up startup even if player is not connected. This should make it easier to use software based players in HSTouch even if they connect to the HS2/LMS after they started. New players added to the LMS after HS2/HSTouch started will not be recognized by HSTouch/Designer.
  • Revised notification (HSTouch and Triggers) as well as device updates especially after new song is played to ensure availability of all track details (name, genre, etc).

Beta Update V2.1.0.7:
  • Upon new song forcing status request.
  • Ensure player is connected when speaking (TTS) on LMS client.
  • Revision of debugging log string formats.

Beta Update V2.1.0.8:
  • Internal coding updates / thread synchronization to better handle song change notifications and TTS text processing.

Beta Update V2.1.0.9:
  • Fixed an internal communication issue.
  • Change behavior of Trigger "Player New Song". It will trigger as soon as a new song is played. This will occur prior to updating the HS2 device and reception of details about the track and artwork.
  • Added additional Trigger "Player New Song Track Info" which is trigger when the track and artwork for a new track is available and the HS2 devices have been updated.

Beta Update V2.1.0.10:
  • Added support do Dynamic Playlists. The configuration supports a new entry called Use Dynamic Playlists and if selected the plugin will use Dynamic Playlists instead of the static playlists. This requires that the LMS Dynamic Playlists plugin (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...laylist_plugin) is installed and configured.

Beta Update V2.1.0.11:
  • Resolved issue for newly added players and name caching.

Beta Update V2.1.0.12:
  • Resolved issue when converting CurrentTrackTimeValue to an integer for Music APIs.
  • Added option "Use SAPI TTS" to use HS2 text to speech API when false instead of SAPI DLL (note that TTS Rate setting is not used when false).

This version is now available via HS2 Updater

This is Beta software! Backup before installing the attached beta update. This Beta software should be installed on top of the currently released plug-in available from the updater. Once installed, do not forget to update the SqueezeBox Server plugin using the LMS Extension Downloader.

Last edited by pcp; September 8th, 2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Version V2.1.0.12 available from updater
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:20 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
Attached is a HS2 script that might help to understand how I organized the LMS Favorites, MyApps and Radios. This script uses the Music APIs to query the library content. You can of course also use HSTouch screens to navigate the library and play songs!

I tried it with Pandora, the BBC and a few other apps but not (yet) with Spotify. Let me know if one of you tries it with Spotify or other applications.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sb_music_api.zip (1.0 KB, 127 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:13 PM
markus.bergvoll markus.bergvoll is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 306
Thanks!
Looking forward to check this out. Hope this week...

__________________
Markus
Home Automation Beginner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:51 AM
markus.bergvoll markus.bergvoll is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 306
Just tried it with Spotify and a softplayer. First; nice work But i have some comments.

1) As it is now, i cant get to my playlists- or i can get to my playlist, but i cant see the contents of them, but it starts playing from the playlist when i select it. Like its too many levels down.

2) Id like to make one screen just for spotify for each player. Is it possible to make it (the listbox) start at the Spotify level? That would have been perfect.

3) the Top100 doesn't show content.

i'd be willing to share my premium account if you need access.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:14 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
Thank you for testing it and your feedback. Thanks for trying it with your account; several had good things to say about Spotify so will give it a try just did not have the time yet.

Regarding 1) and 3), it is related to the depth of folders Spotify uses compared to the other apps I played with so far. For apps the current beta build of the plugin does not recursively go into all sub folders to collect tracks as I do for radios. I will have to enable it in an upcoming build. Unfortunately, the content of the Spotify Artists, Albums and tracks folders will get flattened into the Tracks in the HS2 Music API as it does not allow for additional folder depth. I already use the Genres, Artists and Albums to organize Apps/Radios/Favorites. How many entries do you have typically in any of these subfolders?

Regarding 2) I have not tried it but would be a matter to initial set (at design time or when the screen is displayed) the Genres (to "LMS_MyApps"), the Artists (to "Spotify") and optionally the Album (to "Top 100" for example) to force it to a specific list. Maybe you can ask in the HSTouch forum to see if someone has done something similar.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
markus.bergvoll markus.bergvoll is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 306
Hi,
I do get to the playlist, but can not get to the tracks in the playlist. So one more level is what is needed.

Top 100 should let you choose between three playlist. This is at the same level as the playlist above, but does not show. From there you should be able to select track (as above) so, same "depth"

"Recently added" works, because it is one level less deep.

Kind of funny starting ipeng on my iPhone and starting HSTouch on same phone to select what to play in ipeng.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
mhulse mhulse is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 14
Cannot seem to get the New Song event to fire, either when the next song in the playlist changes automatically or when a manual change is made on the player. Should this fire when the track changes on a player?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
The New Song event should fire wen a new track is played. I just tried, speaking some words and fired fine. Try the following:
a) enable "Music API Debugging" in the plugin configuration page
b) When the track changes, you should have an entry like this one in the log file followed by the event trigger if enabled and configured for that player:

PHP Code:
2/6/2012 9:07:04 PM     SqueezeBox Info     SB Player {PlayerName} new songTrack title: {Title of trackIndex: {Track index}
2/6/2012 9:07:04 PM     Event     Event Trigger "SB New Song Evt" 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
Hi,
I do get to the playlist, but can not get to the tracks in the playlist. So one more level is what is needed.

Top 100 should let you choose between three playlist. This is at the same level as the playlist above, but does not show. From there you should be able to select track (as above) so, same "depth"

"Recently added" works, because it is one level less deep.

Kind of funny starting ipeng on my iPhone and starting HSTouch on same phone to select what to play in ipeng.
I made some updates to better support Spotify. The flattening of Spotify hierarchies creates long lists decreasing response time to delivery content to HS Touch. Still requires refined before I update the version in the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
enigmatheatre's Avatar
enigmatheatre enigmatheatre is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aberdeen Scotland UK
Posts: 1,724
Hi pcp,

Thanks for the update.
I am having trouble with triggering an event when a player plays.
I get this in the log:

08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track artwork_url: http://radiotime-logos.s3.amazonaws.com/p849q.png
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track remote_title: BBC Radio 1 Scotland 98.3 (Top 40-Pop)
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status remote: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track url: mms://wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_ep1_sl0?BBC-UID=440d3c1bdae609a1d85784907112012abcc85a0a9030614424dfe486 a810deba&SSO2-UID=
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track coverart: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track bitrate: 128kbps CBR
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track type: Internet Radio
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track year: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status track duration: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track artist: BBC Radio 1 Scotland 98.3
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track title: Greg James
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track id: -182276588
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track index: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status remoteMeta: HASH(0xad38b24)
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track count: 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist_timestamp: 1328620235.12744
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track index: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status seq_no: 2
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist mode: off
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status shuffle: ShuffleNone
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status repeat: RepeatNone
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status volume (85|85|): 85
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status rate: 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status track time: 9.48501401138306
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status current_title: BBC Radio 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status remote: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status mode: 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status signal strength: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status power: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status IP: 192.168.0.10
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status connected: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status new name
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status tags: gpaslediqtymkorfjJnCRTIuwxNKLA
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status subscribe: 30
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status 20: cf:30:0b:27:49
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status update count: 38
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Entered SBTrigger(): Player Off for Player livingroom
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status: 1


If I set it to trigger on player off then when I play it triggers the event?

Its like this is back to front.

Greig
__________________
Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100™ 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
Scripts =
Various
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM
DSteiNeuro DSteiNeuro is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Audrey Land (Somewhere near San Diego CA USA)
Posts: 739
I installed V2.1.0 beta.
Everything seems to be working well including Spotify and the Event Trigger

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old February 12th, 2012, 05:37 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
I posted an updated beta version (see first post). I checked this version with the BBC, Pandora, Spotify and "Sounds & Effects" LMS applications.

I found one issue related to the HS2 Triggers related to the Play action, but not to the "new song action". it worked fine with my testing. Do you run into the problem when changing track (next, previous, etc) or when the player automatically switches to the next song?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old February 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatheatre View Post
Hi pcp,

Thanks for the update.
I am having trouble with triggering an event when a player plays.
I get this in the log:

08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track artwork_url: http://radiotime-logos.s3.amazonaws.com/p849q.png
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track remote_title: BBC Radio 1 Scotland 98.3 (Top 40-Pop)
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status remote: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track url: mms://wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_ep1_sl0?BBC-UID=440d3c1bdae609a1d85784907112012abcc85a0a9030614424dfe486 a810deba&SSO2-UID=
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track coverart: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track bitrate: 128kbps CBR
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track type: Internet Radio
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track year: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status track duration: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track artist: BBC Radio 1 Scotland 98.3
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track title: Greg James
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track id: -182276588
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track index: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status remoteMeta: HASH(0xad38b24)
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track count: 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist_timestamp: 1328620235.12744
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist track index: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status seq_no: 2
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status playlist mode: off
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status shuffle: ShuffleNone
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status repeat: RepeatNone
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status volume (85|85|): 85
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status rate: 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status track time: 9.48501401138306
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status current_title: BBC Radio 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status remote: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status mode: 1
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status signal strength: 0
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status power: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status IP: 192.168.0.10
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status connected: True
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status new name
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status tags: gpaslediqtymkorfjJnCRTIuwxNKLA
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status subscribe: 30
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status 20: cf:30:0b:27:49
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status update count: 38
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Entered SBTrigger(): Player Off for Player livingroom
08/02/2012 13:08:11 SqueezeBox Debug Player livingroom status: 1


If I set it to trigger on player off then when I play it triggers the event?

Its like this is back to front.

Greig
This one should be fixed in the beta update 1 I just posted.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
callguy callguy is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 16
Hi there-

I spent some time with this over the weekend and have a couple of issues and also a couple of questions. The first is when I navigate by Genre to LMS_Apps then go into Pandora, everything works fine (i.e. - I can choose one of my stations and play it).

But when I do the same with Rhapsody or Spotify when I go into "My Library" all I see after that is "All Tracks" and then there's nothing to select or play. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong there or what I can provide to troubleshoot.

Secondly, within HSTouch I'd like to be able to push a button to directly access Pandora (or potentially a specific station). I know you can filter the list results in HSTouch, but is there any way I could make a selection directly?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by callguy View Post
But when I do the same with Rhapsody or Spotify when I go into "My Library" all I see after that is "All Tracks" and then there's nothing to select or play. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong there or what I can provide to troubleshoot.
Is "My Library" the "Playlists" in Spotify? Are you using the Triode LMS Spotify plugin? Due to the limitation in "folder" depth in the HomeSeer music API and recursion issues in some SqueezeBox "folders" I had to limit the depth of folders I parse. The collection and 'flattening' of folders/subfolders became too long to collect and included too many items. What is the depth of your "My Library" folder (for example "Spotify > Library > Artists > Albums > Tracks?").

Quote:
Originally Posted by callguy View Post
Secondly, within HSTouch I'd like to be able to push a button to directly access Pandora (or potentially a specific station). I know you can filter the list results in HSTouch, but is there any way I could make a selection directly?
I don't know if there is way to preset the HSTouch music browser entries (Genres, Artists, etc). Someone in the HSTouch forum might have a suggestion. If this can be done then you can set the initial navigation. Separate from this you can use actions to call the Music API PlayMusic to play a specific song including from Pandora, Spotify, etc; you would populate the arguments of PlayMusic() with the arguments (genres, albums, etc) using the names as you would navigate through the Music browser.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:23 PM
pcp pcp is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,647
I posted an updated beta version (see first post) with several "Speak Proxy" and HomeSeer Event enhancements.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
callguy callguy is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 16
>
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
Is "My Library" the "Playlists" in Spotify? Are you using >the Triode LMS Spotify plugin? Due to the limitation in "folder" depth in the >HomeSeer music API and recursion issues in some SqueezeBox "folders" I had >to limit the depth of folders I parse. The collection and 'flattening' of >folders/subfolders became too long to collect and included too many items. >What is the depth of your "My Library" folder (for example "Spotify > Library > Artists > Albums > Tracks?").

I'm going to speak more to rhapsody, but yes, I'm using the rhapsody plugin in LMS (same with Spotify but I used Rhapsody more).

In Rhapsody it goes something like this:

Main Menu (many selections including public playlists under here):My Library:My Playlists (and Artists/Albums/Genres, etc):List of Playlists:Tracks in the Playlist

From what I see I choose Main Menu, then My Library, then it just says "All Tracks" so I believe there is more depth on the Pandora side and it seems to work just fine. So it could be depth related but it seems like it's something different (unless you are configuring depth on a per application basis).

>I don't know if there is way to preset the HSTouch music browser entries
>(Genres, Artists, etc). Someone in the HSTouch forum might have a >suggestion. If this can be done then you can set the initial navigation. >Separate from this you can use actions to call the Music API PlayMusic to play >a specific song including from Pandora, Spotify, etc; you would populate the >arguments of PlayMusic() with the arguments (genres, albums, etc) using the >names as you would navigate through the Music browser.
OK - I'll check that out, thanks. On the first item let me know if there's anything I can do to provide more information. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Moskus's Avatar
Moskus Moskus is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,610
I've installed the latest update. I don't understand how or where I should see the apps in HStouch?
__________________
HSPro 3.0.0.357, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.136, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
NicolaiL's Avatar
NicolaiL NicolaiL is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Herts, UK
Posts: 1,626
When I try to use the plugin from a script I come across the following error:

Type 'HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_player+playlistTrackInfo' in Assembly 'HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX, Version=2.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

I get this when I try to Dim the plugin, e.g.:
Dim SBPlugIn As Object = hs.Plugin("SqueezeBox")

Any idea whether I'm doing something wrong or whether there is a need to compile the SB DLL slightly different?

Thanks
Nicolai
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old February 25th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Moskus's Avatar
Moskus Moskus is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,610
It seems like Music API just stopped. The current playlist box in HStouch is empty, and my textboxes with Track Title, Artist name, etc are not updating...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC