www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old September 21st, 2016, 12:14 PM
Seer Master

Squeezebox Plugin Screensaver

I just started the trial for the Squeezebox plugin after updating to HS3 about a year or so ago and previously using the HS2 version of the plugin. I never used the screensaver in the old version (was it even a feature), but now that my former favorite squeezebox screensaver (weather, date and time) is no longer available with the latest version of logitech media server, I wanted to use HomeSeer to send weather info to my Booms via weatherxml and this plugin.

I pasted the code for "Screensaver 1" from the plugin documentation into my ini file, but the only thing that shows up is the bottom text, in a really big font. It also only shows up when I scroll the screensaver, but not as the default screen when the screensaver is set to come on (in my case, when the device is powered off). I get a normal clock when powered off.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see had the fonts set wrong in LMS. I got it working using this code... a bit of a challennge becuase the narrow boom screen wants to scroll
Code:
[ScreenSaver 1]
Icon=$INI:weatherxml\weatherinfo:weatherInfo1:ConditionIcon
IconText1=L $$GV:wxmlTLow_1
IconText2=H $$GV:wxmlTHigh_1
IconText3=C $$GV:wxmlTemp_1
TopText=$$GV:wxmlCond_1
BottomText=%t
TickerText=
OverlayText=
HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Trane TZEMT043AB32MAA Tstat; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Last edited by jrfuda; September 21st, 2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: figured out on my own
Old September 28th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Seer Master

Tweaked my ini settings a bit to use devices for today's forecast hi/low using devices instead of hig/low so far using variables.

However, with both these and the former settings, my icon is not updating:

Code:
[ScreenSaver 1]
Icon=$INI:weatherXML\weatherinfo:WeatherInfo1:ConditionIcon
IconText1=C $$GV:wxmlTemp_1
IconText2=H $$DXC:z1
IconText3=L $$DXC:z2
TopText=$$GV:wxmlCond_1
BottomText=%t
TickerText=
OverlayText=
When I check weatherinfo.ini the ConitionIcon is changing, however, it never changes on the screensaver. The screensaver has been on the overcast icon since day one, even though the actual condition (wxmlCond_1) updates just fine.