Sonoff Tasmota Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonoff Tasmota Plug-in

So as some may already know I've been trying to get some Sonoff's working with homeseer using the existing MQTT plug-ins and for whatever reason never got there so I wrote my own plug-in specifically for sonoff's with Tasmota firmware.

All you do is create a virtual device, in the device string set something like "MQTT:sonoff1/power" and your all done. The plug-in searches for these on start up and then (a) watches for device changes in HS and then publishes cmnd/sonoff1/power=1 to control the device and (b) watches for stat/sonoff1/power publishes from the sonoff's and updates HS devices if needed.

it should work for most on/off MQTT devices, but I've only tested with Sonoff+Tasmota.

Its really dirty and lots hard coded right now but if there's interest then I'll tidy it up, add some config screens and release it?

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Are you guys familiar with Node-RED?

If so then just send a custom mqtt topic to/from Node-RED to HomeSeer! The hard work has already been done for you!
      In Node-RED install any of these nodes and you are ready to play.

====> https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...-sonoff-server

OR ====> https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...sonoff-tasmota

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Ok, I've ordered the remaining items from the sonoff portfolio (4CH & DUAL) so I can test those work ok, then I'll tidy it up, add some setting for broker in the ini file and do some basic documentation. Then i'll post a link to download it.

Comment

Delighted

Yes i would be very happy, I came from openhab2/ domoticz with great hopes of finally and easily getting sonoff/tasmota to integrate seamless with home automation
          How can I give your rough addon a try out with my sonoff basic ??
          Many thanks
          Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Demon View Post
            Yes i would be very happy, I came from openhab2/ domoticz with great hopes of finally and easily getting sonoff/tasmota to integrate seamless with home automation
            How can I give your rough addon a try out with my sonoff basic ??
            Many thanks
            Kenny
            Just give me a little more time to finish testing with the 4CH and then I'll send a link and some basic instructions, its very easy to setup and use. You'll need to install a MQTT broker on your lan somewhere, mosquito is a good choice (and what I use), but there are others.

The Sonoff portfolio is indeed both comprehensive and cheap as chips. With the touch light switches, the dual and the 4 channel there's a sonoff for every occasion and tasmota firmware brings a local solution with good support and debug. Its unfortunate the light switches don't support SonOTA but they are easy to flash the old fashioned way.

Comment

Hi,

my first Sonoff arrived yesterday and I've it running fine with HS3 over
              a Raspi with Nodered.
              I've created HS devices to control the Sonoff (Tasmota) and read informations
              about Wifi signal strength, Vcc and output status.

Regards,
              Fischi

Comment

Working...
              X