Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots of errors in log

Hi guys, I have these error popping up frequently on the og

May-05 9:16:02 AM weatherXML Error downloadFile: NOAA Weather Alerts from: http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/XX.php?x=FLC057&y=1. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

today saturday when saying the daily forcast, it was saying Wednesday forcast, whats going on???
    Last edited by Rotech; May 9, 2018, 07:30 PM.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Go to the Alerts admin page.
    There will be a textbox that has "http://alerts.weather.gov" in front of it.

Enter this into the textbox.
    /cap/fl.php?x=0

You need your states abbreviation in the url. This will grab alerts for the entire state.
    As the alerts come in you will be able to see Areas (for most states this is a list of counties), appearing in the Area dropdown. As it fills with areas, you can then select the ones that are close to you that want the alerts for. The ones you select will be the ones that will show on the Triggers page to allow you to select them.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

/cap/fl.php?x=0

You need your states abbreviation in the url. This will grab alerts for the entire state.
      As the alerts come in you will be able to see Areas (for most states this is a list of counties), appearing in the Area dropdown. As it fills with areas, you can then select the ones that are close to you that want the alerts for. The ones you select will be the ones that will show on the Triggers page to allow you to select them.
      The cero will not stick to the rest of the value. If I leave the page and return the cero dispears and the previous stays.
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Hi guys, I have these error popping up frequently on the og

May-05 9:16:02 AM weatherXML Error downloadFile: NOAA Weather Alerts from: http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/XX.php?x=FLC057&y=1. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

today saturday when saying the daily forcast, it was saying Wednesday forcast, whats going on???
        Jeff, do you put in the state or the county code? The county code is flc0578 which is what I have?..
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

/cap/fl.php?x=0

You use the State abbreviation.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

/cap/fl.php?x=0

Hi Jeff

Today I recieved the first alert for south Florida .previuoly I already had the counties in the drop down list populated and already had checked marked (all the rest is unchecked) the areas that I wanted to have alerts for. But I am getting alerts from way down south and I live central Florida. The triggers that I have does not have any areas down south . What do Fix this?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

As alerts come in the areas are added to the list on the Alerts setup page.

Before you do anything else, go to the Alerts admin page. Not the triggers. There should be an Area dropdown at the bottom of the page. Check the dropdown to see if the counties you are wanting to use is in the dropdown. If so, then select them. Once they are selected in this dropdown you can use them on the Triggers.

If they are not in the dropdown, you can add them. You will have to make sure that you enter the text exactly as the alerts will use. Click on the Area Editor button and you can enter them.

If you go to this page it will give you a list of the areas for your state.
              https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/fl.php?x=2
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

So I unselected the area and reselect of them again. I will test tonight to see if it works. We have stormy weather in the area . Another option maybe is to delete the existing options or counties and wait for another alert to have them populate them again . I may have a corrupted data base .
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Jeff, I am still getting alerts from others counties even do I only selected the one that I want. but now I am getting alerts up north of Florida .
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

If you are looking at the xml file than that is correct. The file will download all alerts for a state. There is no way to have the NOAA alert xml file to only download alerts for a particular area.

The way you get only the ones you want is to select the areas on the Alerts page. This controls which areas will display in the dropdown on the Triggers. If you select Any in the Triggers then it will ignore the areas and you will trigger every alert no matter where in the state it is for.
                    If you select some of the Areas on the trigger then it will only trigger when the alert is for one of those Areas. Keep in mind that alerts can be for multiple areas. If you select an Area and it is one of many that an alert is for, then the Alert will still be triggered.

Think of the Alerts admin page as a way to control what is displayed as settings for the Triggers. You have to setup both.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

as you can see, I have selectted these 2 areas. all the rest is unchecked. And these also appear in the trigger section. but I still have alerts from places that I didnt select.
                      Attached Files
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                        [ATTACH]68845[/ATTACH]And these also appear in the trigger section.
                        Are they selected in the trigger? In the trigger if you don't select any areas then it will ignore areas and will not filter by area.

Think of the Alert page as a settings page for triggers. The reason you select the areas on the Alert page is to control which areas show as available to use in the triggers. That way you don't have to scroll through a ton of areas.
                        If you want the triggers to only work in certain areas they must be selected. Just showing in the dropdown does not mean they are selected. It means they are available to be selected.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

heres the trigger page with 2 triggers saying "any" which will include all the selected areas.

the other picture show a new trigger page. note that there only 3 regions that I selected. do you see any issue how there setup?
                          Attached Files
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I posted this above:
                            "If you select Any in the Triggers then it will ignore the areas and you will trigger every alert no matter where in the state it is for."

Any tells the trigger to completely ignore what areas the alert is in.

If you want the trigger to only trigger for certain areas you must select those areas. Not "Any". Select the names of the Areas.

Ex. Lets say you only want to know about Thunderstorms in areas near you. But you want to know about Special Alert Announcements no matter where in the state they are. For Thunderstorms you would select each area that you want the area filtered by.
                            For Special Alert Announcements you would select "Any" so that it will trigger no matter where in the State it is for. Any = anywhere.

You are trying to use Any as "Any in the dropdown", but that is not the way it works. It might be easier to think of "Any" as "Ignore Areas"
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Sorry Jeff I was totally confused about the "any" option. I thought it was for the ones I previously selected . Sorry for my misunderstanding. And thanks for your patients.
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X