Looking for Rain8Net setup assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Rain8Net setup assistance

I am installing a new 6 zone irrigation system that uses a well and pump. I would like to have HS control the zones and watering cycles. It appears that all I need is the Rain8Net and plugin. The question I have is what turns on the pump? Does the action of opening a zone cause the zone to turn on the well (110v)? Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?

Thanks
    Joe

Usually you must created a device in HS that controls a pump relay, that must be activated before turning zones on.

I'm not positive though as I do not use a pump actuation method, my well is activated by the pressure dropping on the tank.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

joe what program are you going to use for your sprinklers? i have rain8net and i have been using mcs and i want to switch to a simpler program.
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
        joe what program are you going to use for your sprinklers? i have rain8net and i have been using mcs and i want to switch to a simpler program.
        George, check the help file for an example, but you could simply use Events to call a script to run scheduled zones for a length of time and then shut off, not much simpler than that.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Here is a new version with more verbose debug and a couple minor changes to web page.

Exit HomeSeer
          Copy Rain8Net.dll to HS directory
          Copy Rain8Net-Doc.htm to HS\html\Rain8Net directory
          Re-Start HomeSeer
          Attached Files
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I was going to take the advice of lpitman and just create events in HS. I have yet to plug it in since the system in just getting installed in the ground now. I will need to put the unit about 50 feet away from the HS box and will be running CAT 5. Does anyone know of a source for the Cat5 to Serial needed to run this? My assumption is that I just need a simple D9 to RJ45. Is this correct?

Comment

There are specific RS-232 and USB over Cat5 devices that should be used. You can run RS-232 over Cat5 if the distance isn't far and you wire the connectors correctly.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
              X