X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Mark,

1. Heartbeat values are not logged (light level, temperature, battery level), although they do change the status of HS3 devices; just logging the raw hex data would be useful
    2. Occupancy Sensor messages get logged but the status of that device in HS3 does not; the time stamp for me on the HS3 device management page is last evening; this coincides with a change of configuration where I set the mode to Occupancy II (under .13)
    3. Occupancy II in my experience triggers only On messages and no Off. The info (?) for Mode says of Occupancy II that "Off is set on a different group": can you expand on that?
    4. Dusk/dawn messages do not get logged, nor does the HS3 device get updated
    5. Vacancy mode: is it correct to assume that links defined for that MS II will be ignored (MS II won't broadcast) ?
    6. Security mode: isn't this the same as Occupancy II except subsequent motions don't trigger On messages?
    7. Assuming any blink on the MS II is motion detection, not all of them trigger a message logged; can anybody else confirm this?
    8. Noticed that PIRDelay parameter went from =3 to =0; can you expand on this parameter?
    1. enabled detailed logging and let me know
    2. not every flash results in a broadcast message
    3. i'll have to review this feature
    4. enabled detailed logging and let me know
    5. haven't tested this mode myself
    6. I think occupancy mode II continues to send ONs whereas Security only sends an ON once
    7. see #2 above
    8. I don't believe I changed anything regarding this setting in v.14
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

I'm getting inconsistent results from this MS II (41.5C.CC). As I've mentioned before, the MS II blinks on motion, but there is not always a corresponding log entry. So I ran a trace for a while of the XML responses from the hub.

I found that some of the motion blinks apparently do not generate a corresponding response when you poll the hub (no buffer referencing my MS II). But I also found some buffers referencing the MS II for which the plugin did not generate a log entry. Here's an example:
      Time stamp : 00:00:46.587031
      0250415CCC000001CF1101000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000
      Time stamp : 00:00:47.590418
      0250415CCC000001CF11010250415CCC000101CF11010250415CCC110001CF06000000000000000000000000000000000000
      Time stamp : 00:00:48.591507
      0250415CCC110001CB0600000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000

Do you see anything out of the ordinary here? Driving me nuts!

P.S. I saved the entire WireShark trace if it's of any use.

do you have a detailed hs log corresponding to the same time frame?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        do you have a detailed hs log corresponding to the same time frame?
        I've attached 2 files:
        1- Extract from WireShark, filtered on HTTP packets only between my hub and the plugin host; the original file is still available, but it's 50MB
        2- Extract from the HS3 log, filtered on entries containing 'MS2'

Several packets show a command-1 of 11 (assuming On for MS); two of those do not appear in the HS3 log: packet# 26964 (duplicate 27003), 112874 (duplicate 112912). I'm making assumptions here, wish I had the dev notes.

This may be useful to complement another thread on duplicates. What we know for sure is that the hub does send out those duplicates. I haven't checked if those duplicates were due to buffer requests by the plugin. I can post the 50MB on some cloud for you to get access if you want.

P.S. Apologies, I posted the wrong entries in my previous post.
        Attached Files

Comment

8. I don't believe I changed anything regarding this setting in v.14
          What is the function of the PIRDelay parameter?

Comment

...1. Heartbeat values are not logged (light level, temperature, battery level), although they do change the status of HS3 devices; just logging the raw hex data would be useful
            Mark,

I set debug to detailed and the next MS II heartbeat was logged, for the first time; heartbeat set at 23 min. I'll test this further and report later.

Comment

2. not every flash results in a broadcast message
              I know you get drilled with many questions, but you're the only source of knowledge

Assuming it flashes because it detects motion, not sending out a message every time is puzzling. Under what circumstances would it not broadcast?

Comment

What is the function of the PIRDelay parameter?
                its the timeout setting
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I know you get drilled with many questions, but you're the only source of knowledge

Assuming it flashes because it detects motion, not sending out a message every time is puzzling. Under what circumstances would it not broadcast?
                  mode depending,

in occupancy mode typically it only sends On msgs after the timeout and an Off is sent.

in occupancy mode ii it may send more On msgs regardless of the timeout;
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark
                    Just got my motion sensor II today. The only thing I have noticed so far is the plug-in status page icon for the battery level of "Good" is broken. The png file does not exist, even after a reinstallation of the latest beta. Can you please add the png file to the next beta? Of if the problem is my set up, could you please direct me to a new copy of the file?
                    Thanks
                    Jono

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                      Hi Mark
                      Just got my motion sensor II today. The only thing I have noticed so far is the plug-in status page icon for the battery level of "Good" is broken. The png file does not exist, even after a reinstallation of the latest beta. Can you please add the png file to the next beta? Of if the problem is my set up, could you please direct me to a new copy of the file?
                      Thanks
                      Jono
                      See post 71 for the resolution.

Tony
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                        Hi Mark
                        Thanks
                        Jono
                        i've updated the install package
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

I set debug to detailed and the next MS II heartbeat was logged, for the first time; heartbeat set at 23 min. I'll test this further and report later.
                          Testing on May 3rd, here are my findings:
                          • 17:21 Setting debug mode to 'detailed': got 18 heartbeats logged, of which 8 were duplicate log entries; heartbeats, set at 23 min., actually come every 20-21 min., the last being at 20:24
                          • 20:31 Setting debug mode to 'normal': no logging of heartbeats

Here are the EEValues used:
                          EEValues=Mode=0,PIRDelay=0,HeartbeatInterval=1,LowBatteryLev el=133,TempCalibration=0,PowerSource=USB,OpFlags2=87,TempSca le=C,LEDBrightness=0
                          I can make the log available on request.

The time stamp (last change) on the HS3 device management page gets updated.

Comment

Testing on May 3rd, here are my findings:
                            • 17:21 Setting debug mode to 'detailed': got 18 heartbeats logged, of which 8 were duplicate log entries; heartbeats, set at 23 min., actually come every 20-21 min., the last being at 20:24
                            • 20:31 Setting debug mode to 'normal': no logging of heartbeats

Here are the EEValues used:
                            EEValues=Mode=0,PIRDelay=0,HeartbeatInterval=1,LowBatteryLev el=133,TempCalibration=0,PowerSource=USB,OpFlags2=87,TempSca le=C,LEDBrightness=0
                            I can make the log available on request.

The time stamp (last change) on the HS3 device management page gets updated.
                            do you want the heartbeat logging to occur with Normal, Debug, or Detailed logging?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

what are you expecting to be logged related to "heartbeat events"?
                              Currently: Device MS II MS2 (41.5C.CC) sent a heartbeat message.

Proposed: Device MS II MS2 (41.5C.CC) sent a heartbeat message: battery level={full|good|low|almost dead}, temperature=degrees, light level={0-255}

I realize now that a more descriptive logging is a must for debugging.

Comment

do you want the heartbeat logging to occur with Normal, Debug, or Detailed logging?
                                I'd say heartbeat logging for all debugging modes, especially if you implement my suggestion on the contents (previous post).

Comment

Working...
                                X