This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    Sorry, one I posted is for line 537, the wireless interface.

Looks like you lost the initial $ and dropped a # in the middle of the word eth0.

Try
    Code:
    $show2 = shell_exec("ip route list dev eth0 | awk ' /^default/ {print $3;exit}'");
    Note: The '| tr ...' command they have at the end doesn't do anything. You can retain that if you want.
    The missing "$" was just lost in the copy and paste. The "#" was the problem. I probably fumble fingered it when editing on a little laptop. It is all good now. Thanks.

Edit: One question - since it is able to populate the gateway field on the Net.php page, does that mean that Rasbian knows the gateway? With my old Cisco router, I had to manually add a gateway for it to find updates. I never tried with my R7000 and now I have ditched it and gone to a pfSense firewall appliance for DHCP.
    Last edited by randy; May 7, 2017, 06:05 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

thank you slbuck. i will try to figure that out!
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        The missing "$" was just lost in the copy and paste. The "#" was the problem. I probably fumble fingered it when editing on a little laptop. It is all good now. Thanks.

Edit: One question - since it is able to populate the gateway field on the Net.php page, does that mean that Rasbian knows the gateway? With my old Cisco router, I had to manually add a gateway for it to find updates. I never tried with my R7000 and now I have ditched it and gone to a pfSense firewall appliance for DHCP.

If your znet is able to talk outside your LAN (i.e. shows up on find.homeseer.com and download updates), it knows the gateway. Otherwise it's not able to route packets anywhere but on its LAN. The default router value is provided as part of the DHCP service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

my unit shows up on the interface web page list and can talk to outside. the problem is it says 1.0.17 is available. i hit the update button. it says update successful. then it reverts back to the same page and says update 1.0.17 available. i dont know how i check my unit to see what version is loaded?
          HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
            my unit shows up on the interface web page list and can talk to outside. the problem is it says 1.0.17 is available. i hit the update button. it says update successful. then it reverts back to the same page and says update 1.0.17 available. i dont know how i check my unit to see what version is loaded?
            You are running version 1.0.17. There should be a boundary between the version number and the declaration that there is an "Update Available".

This is not normal; unfortunately your unit is not behaving itself. My first suggestion would be to replace the SD card, as detailed earlier. If you want to log into the Linux command line, we can try to diagnose it. I would suggest starting a new thread if you want to pursue this.

Comment

@gfs, I have the same problem. Won't update.

Comment

I have similar issues except I'm on version 1.0.22 but does say update available. I click on "click to update" and it comes back at successful but the version number does not change. Originally I thought 1.0.22 was the latest firmware and this was expected behavior but noticed the install guide image says version 1.2.6

Any thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by cpapakon View Post
                  I have similar issues except I'm on version 1.0.22 but does say update available. I click on "click to update" and it comes back at successful but the version number does not change. Originally I thought 1.0.22 was the latest firmware and this was expected behavior but noticed the install guide image says version 1.2.6

Any thoughts??
                  Interesting, the Z-Net version 1 (which is what you've got) LatestVersion has been set to 1.0.23 as of this afternoon, but the patch files are still at 1.0.22, unchanged since Aug 2016.

Z-Net is fairly minimum-effort in the software quality department. You'll always get a 'successful' status when you click the update button. There's no check if any update actually occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Interesting, the Z-Net version 1 (which is what you've got) LatestVersion has been set to 1.0.23 as of this afternoon, but the patch files are still at 1.0.22, unchanged since Aug 2016.

Z-Net is fairly minimum-effort in the software quality department. You'll always get a 'successful' status when you click the update button. There's no check if any update actually occurred.
                    hmm. so I guess the version 1.2.6 in the documentation is for a new revision then?

Comment

Originally posted by cpapakon View Post

hmm. so I guess the version 1.2.6 in the documentation is for a new revision then?
                      The last modified date of the install guide is Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:36:54 GMT. So I'd guess not.

Comment

I have the same issue where the update button is there but it does not update. Since .23 is to fix EU issue and I'm in US, does it really matter moving to .23? Just not good that it will not update.
                        HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Does anyone happen to have the latest Z-Net image and instructions on how to write it to the card? I have a brand new Z-Net that seems to have a previously configured hard coded IP on it. and is not able to be connected to, and does not come up in HS3-Pro.

Thanks in advance.
                          Gary
                          Networking West
                          www.networkingwest.com

Comment

Do you know the previously configured IP? If so it should be easy to connect to on any LAN.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Connect a USB keyboard to one of the RPi USB ports. A short time after power on, the LED on the top (front) should illuminate amber for about 10 seconds. During that time, press the R then Enter keys on the keyboard. This should reset the networking such that it can acquire an address via DHCP.

Comment

Yes, I know the IP's. They do not come up on http or https in browser.

Comment

Working...
                                X