No announcement yet.

Z-Net Stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is rebooting this way different than pulling the power?

Yes.

Pulling the power while read writing to the microSD card can mess with the OS and everything else running on the ZNet device.

It is similar to pulling the power on a Windows Computer.

13:48:13 shows it connecting to your ZNet device and it being a valid connection. * well and showing that the ZWave device has recorded some 52 ZWave nodes

13:49:03 shows a failure to communicate to one node then other nodes. Watch it do the node to node scan.

Try doing a scan of your network with the built in tools.

From the logging looks like you are connected to your ZNet controller but not able to get to some nodes.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      13:48:13 shows it connecting to your ZNet device and it being a valid connection. * well and showing that the ZWave device has recorded some 52 ZWave nodes

13:49:03 shows a failure to communicate to one node then other nodes.

Try doing a scan of your network with the built in tools.

From the logging looks like you are connected to your ZNet controller but not able to get to some nodes.
      Thanks for taking the time to look at this. It seems that the "Shades" device and "Patio Lights" are two problem devices. They've been working fine for a few days (I'm setting up HS3 Pro and Znet for the first time within the last week). No, the znet seems to work until I use either of those. Will see if I can find a way to fix with tools or diagnose with ZSeer+. I've tried replacing node within HS3 and so far, no success (that is what started this behavior.

It is possible that I pulled the power at the wrong time when moving the Znet. Is there a way to know if it is corrupted or to re-image it? I did manage to pull a couple of backups off of it after this started. Unfortuneatly, I hadn't backed it up prior, as I was trying to get all of my devices added to the network.

Comment

Rebooting via ssh is identical to cycling the power.

Your log shows that communication zwave plugin <=> znet is working properly. If that were to fail, you will see disconnect/reconnect messages (like where you induced it via the reboot).

However the sudden failure of multiple nodes is indeed puzzling.

What is send timeout set to? this is on the .../ZWaveConfig page.

What does the nod information page show? Plugins->Z-Wave->Node information

Try the 'Functions' on the Z-Wave tab of one of the problem devices - expand 'Information About Node n' and try Test Connectivity and Rescan.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          However the sudden failure of multiple nodes is indeed puzzling.

What is send timeout set to? this is on the .../ZWaveConfig page.

What does the nod information page show? Plugins->Z-Wave->Node information

Try the 'Functions' on the Z-Wave tab of one of the problem devices - expand 'Information About Node n' and try Test Connectivity and Rescan.
          The send timeout is set to 8 seconds.

I'm unable to access the functions on the zwave tab of these two devices. They are not enabled. Just a spinning circle.
          Attached Files

Comment

It seems that the "Shades" device and "Patio Lights" are two problem devices.

2 devices is an easy fix.

Is there a way to know if it is corrupted or to re-image it?

I doubt that the microSD card is corrupted. Looks more like just two devices that are being problem children.

There is a boot flag to check the image (of the SD card) in the boot files. The flag is typically off. I would leave this alone for time bean.

I'm unable to access the functions on the zwave tab of these two devices. They are not enabled. Just a spinning circle.

Maybe for the two problem nodes, remove them via the GUI and then reconfigure or connect them using the standard process. Note if you have dependent triggers and events on these two nodes you will most likely have to redo these events.

If this doesn't work maybe moving the ZNet a bit closer to the two devices in question. Note too that the antenna on the GPIO Z-Wave card is on a horizontal plane such that the RF footprint might be a bit different with the RPi mounted vertically or horizontally.

My GPIO / RPi is mounted on a horizontal plane and really it is a PITA to get to it. Z-tools will provide a graphical representation of your Z-Wave network and could help you with the RF footprint and chatty kathy stuff (routes et al stuff).
            Last edited by Pete; June 25, 2017, 04:46 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm running a full scan now from the znet interface page in hs3. Maybe this will show something.

Comment

Yeah here have not yet installed Z-Tools and very reliant on diagnostic scans since the beginning of Homeseer 3 / ZWave.

That and the two of my HS3 boxes are running on Linux. I may install Z-Tools on currently running Oracle Virtual box on the big box Ubuntu mothership.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yeah here have not yet installed Z-Tools and very reliant on diagnostic scans since the beginning of Homeseer 3 / ZWave.

That and the two of my HS3 boxes are running on Linux. I may install Z-Tools on currently running Oracle Virtual box on the big box Ubuntu mothership.
                  I'm running Ztool+ on ios. It is really nice to have in pocket when running around doing inclusions/exclusions.

I was able to remove these two devices and re-include them. It seems to be working now.

One issue, is that the old node (28) for the original problem device is still there and I cannot remove it. The hardware is now at node 56 and happy, based on minimal testing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good news Club Chapin!!!

Node #28 for whatever reason could have another reference to it being involved in trigger or event so it is surviving as a ghost node of sorts. (guesstimating).
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Good news Club Chapin!!!

Node #28 for whatever reason could have another reference to it being involved in trigger or event so it is surviving as a ghost node of sorts. (guesstimating).
                      It's still not happy. Any time I try to force delete node 28, the znet basically freezes up on me. I've already checked that node 28 is gone from all events. Once the znet works next, I think it may be in a zwave scene.

Comment

Yeah not sure how to delete the link to a ZWave scene.

Thinking the conflict is that the Z-Wave controller (GPIO card) keeps track of the nodes in it's firmware and the HS Z-Wave Database keeps a copy of the database of nodes along with references to the nodes. Such that it is locking up looking in the Z-Wave controller looking for a node which doesn't exist. (guesstimate). Try to shut down or disable the Z-Wave controller then deleting node #28 and then enabling Z-Wave controller and see if that removes the ghost node #28.

Personally (and not recommended) I have sometimes gone to editing the reference out in the Homeseer ZWave database.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I think I got it this time. I ended up restoring the latest backup and afterwards, node 28 was able to be removed.

I feel like I may be in the clear now.

Thanks for tips, pointers, and nudges.

This was a good one. Glad to be through it.

Comment

Good news Club Chapin!

Glad everything worked out.

Have a pleasant evening.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                            X