zwave network major fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zwave network major fail

I have 2 of these controllers... something really bad happened and I need to start over.

I cant get these to wipe and start a new network... they both think they are the main controller for the network.. I have tried everything I can think of..

please help

Did you navigate to Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management and expand the interface for your Z-Net. Then select Erase this Network and Start a New One from the Actions drop-down menu?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Did you navigate to Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management and expand the interface for your Z-Net. Then select Erase this Network and Start a New One from the Actions drop-down menu?
      Yes.. I have factory reset... removed. added...

the same network keeps coming up... and they both show as primary...

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
        Yes.. I have factory reset... removed. added...

the same network keeps coming up... and they both show as primary...
        There's nothing wrong with having two primary controllers.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          There's nothing wrong with having two primary controllers.
          I am pretty sure that it is not working like its suppose to. How do I make changes to the controllers... I am unable to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
            I am pretty sure that it is not working like its suppose to. How do I make changes to the controllers... I am unable to do anything.
            I ran into the same problem. For some reason a factory reset doesn't delete the HomeID, which is currently the same on your two controllers. I edited a backup file to have only new HomeIDs and no node information then restored one to controller 1 and a different one to controller 2. This will create two blank controllers with different HomeIDs. To make it easier for you I created two files and attached them in a .zip file. You can keep the numbers I assigned or you can replace them with your own. The HomeID is the number at the top of the file, which can be edited with Notepad.

Remember: THIS WILL REMOVE ALL NODES FROM THE CONTROLLERS. It will not remove the associated devices in HomeSeer. You will need to do that manually, but you can do it in batch mode.
            Attached Files
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I ran into the same problem. For some reason a factory reset doesn't delete the HomeID, which is currently the same on your two controllers. I edited a backup file to have only new HomeIDs and no node information then restored one to controller 1 and a different one to controller 2. This will create two blank controllers with different HomeIDs. To make it easier for you I created two files and attached them in a .zip file. You can keep the numbers I assigned or you can replace them with your own. The HomeID is the number at the top of the file, which can be edited with Notepad.

Remember: THIS WILL REMOVE ALL NODES FROM THE CONTROLLERS. It will not remove the associated devices in HomeSeer. You will need to do that manually, but you can do it in batch mode.
              Thank you so much. I will try this now. your the best

Comment

okay so after tons of hard work I have got my zwave network back up.

but there is something not working right now. I can just tell with how its acting

and I get this error when I try to optimize

Z-Wave Error Z-NET-01: Exception transmitting to IP 10.10.48.11: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
                Error
                Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Jul-22 12:01:56
                Error
                Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Jul-22 12:01:38
                Warning
                Plugin Z-Wave is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                Jul-22 12:01:26
                Error
                Calling HSEvent in plugin Z-Wave, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Jul-22 12:01:26
                Error
                Last edited by Mwillis; July 22, 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X