Z-Net Acting as a Router??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I think I finally drilled to the bottom of this problem.

For whatever reason the router or the device would not honor an IP assignment, it would put my android device wherever it wanted, which I assume created a conflict.

I had to let the router decide where it wants to put a device, then reserve that IP in the router settings AND switch the tablet/phone to DHCP and assign the same IP. So far so good.

The question now is, can I/should I do the same with the z-net? Can I both reserve it in the router table and DHCP assign it in the z-net configuration?
    Now that you mention it, I think I saw the same annoying behavior with this router (Netgear R7800). If I tried forcing the IP address to a particular value, the assignment wouldn't take, at least not right away. I ended up just accepting the value it assigned, then using the chooser to lock it down.

Regarding the znet, my advise is to use ONLY the DHCP option. Reason being that the znet config web page is deficient in that it doesn't have a way to select a DNS server. (DNS server gets assigned only when DHCP is selected. This will continue to be used once its configured for static, which is why it works sometimes).

Comment

Working...
    X