Z-Net renamed by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net renamed by itself

My z-net has renamed itself to Z-wave IFACE Node1. How could this be?
    I've also seen this IFACE on a couple of other logs of postings here.

Aug-29 17:09:29 Z-Wave Z-Wave IFace Node 1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 29(Root Z-Wave Front Door Sensor Root).
    Aug-29 17:09:29 Z-Wave Z-Wave IFace Node 1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 29 (Root Z-Wave Front Door Sensor Root)
    Aug-29 17:09:29 SDJ-Health Wake-Up Device #637 added to message queue for processing.
    Aug-29 17:09:29 Z-Wave Z-Wave IFace Node 1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 29
    Attached Files
    Last edited by racerfern; August 29, 2017, 04:30 PM. Reason: add

What version Zwave plugin are you running?
    That name is purely a plugin thing; the znet knows nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      My z-net has renamed itself to Z-wave IFACE Node1. How could this be?
      I've also seen this IFACE on a couple of other logs of postings here.

Aug-29 17:09:29 Z-Wave Z-Wave IFace Node 1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 29(Root Z-Wave Front Door Sensor Root).
      Aug-29 17:09:29 Z-Wave Z-Wave IFace Node 1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 29 (Root Z-Wave Front Door Sensor Root)
      Aug-29 17:09:29 SDJ-Health Wake-Up Device #637 added to message queue for processing.
      Aug-29 17:09:29 Z-Wave Z-Wave IFace Node 1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 29
      That name can be edited when the Z-Net is not connected. The name entered on the Z-Wave Interfaces does not have to match the one you entered on the Z-Net management web interface. If no name is entered on the Z-Wave Interfaces page, it will pull the one from the interface when it connects. I have no idea how it could have "renamed itself", unless it is a default name created during your Z-Net failure last week. What is the name of the device on its web management page?

If you want to change the name on the interfaces page then click on it should change to . Then you can edit the name on the interfaces page (or clear it to have it grabbed from the Z-Net) then click on it should reconnect and show using the new name. The name of the device itself will not be changed.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I was running 3.0.1.130 for the last week or so (maybe a bit longer), but I just noticed the name today for the first time. However a log check reveals that this name has been there for at least the last few days, maybe longer. I just happened to notice it today.

I have now updated to 3.0.1.140. We'll see what happens. One thing for sure, I never assigned "IFACE" to anything.

Comment

@rprade

It's been "3187-z-net" since the day I got it. I suppose it could have something to do with the disaster last week. Strange that I just noticed it today. I guess it depends on what's being displayed in the log screen.

I did see another posting:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ighlight=IFACE

Comment

Working...
          X