Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSH

I have tired pi/raspberry with no luck -

Does anyone have any idea what the ssh user / password is for a Znet?

I am wanting to monitor via SNMP and need to install it.

Thanks Jay

Z-NET V2 Configuration - Version 1.0.23

@Jay,

I do not have a ZNet but wrote some stuff here about a standard Pi and this and that.

Z-Net SSH root password
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The username is homeseer

The password should be either:
      zneths15
      zneths16

If it is an original Z-Net from the first batch it might be:
      hsthsths3
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        The username is homeseer

The password should be either:
        zneths15
        zneths16

If it is an original Z-Net from the first batch it might be:
        hsthsths3
        Randy
        Thanks for the reply-

I have tried
        user - homeseer
        password(s) - zneths15, zneths16, hsthsths3

As well tried pi / raspberry.

Any ideas from anyone would be great!

Thanks Jay

Comment

Guessing you can also boot up with a monitor and keyboard.

Thinking you end up in an already logged in terminal mode.

Type sudo su and then you are in root *

Change the password of whatever user there and add a personal user and make them a sudo user.

Here changed or removed the default pi user, edited the homeseer user, added a pete user and deleted any default user.

1 - adduser username
          2 - usermod -aG sudo username

* if prompted for a password here that you do not know then you may need to removed the SD card and edit the /etc/shadow file homeseer user to no password.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Guessing you can also boot up with a monitor and keyboard.

Thinking you end up in an already logged in terminal mode.

Type sudo su and then you are in root *

Change the password of whatever user there and add a personal user and make them a sudo user.

Here changed or removed the default pi user, edited the homeseer user, added a pete user and deleted any default user.

1 - adduser username
            2 - usermod -aG sudo username

* if prompted for a password here that you do not know then you may need to removed the SD card and edit the /etc/shadow file homeseer user to no password.

Thanks - I will give it a try and post results

Jay

Comment

Yes remove the SD card. Use a linux OS to edit the sd card.

Create a new password for pi and then edit the shadow file.

Here is an example:

1 - Create a password for user pi using mkpasswd -m sha-512 <newpassword> <salt>. The salt value is a random string of your choice, anything will do.

2 - Change the root/etc/shadow file with the new password above. Delete the string between the 1st and 2nd ‘:’ colons on the line starting with ‘pi’. Paste in the new value between these colons.

After you have redone the pi stuff then edit the homeseer password, create your own personal user and make the HS3 GUI passwords the same.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

All-
                I have had ZERO luck with this. Is there a .img file that I can write to a different SD card?

Thanks Jay

Comment

This is znetv2, revision 1.0.17.
                  https://homeseer.com/updates3/znet_v2.img

Curious if yours is recently acquired? In the past, both pi/raspberry and homeseer/zneths16 were working options for the znetv2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayh391 View Post
                    All-
                    I have had ZERO luck with this. Is there a .img file that I can write to a different SD card?

Thanks Jay
                    Here is an image for Z-Net V2 1.0.17:
                    https://homeseer.com/updates3/net_v2.img

It can be used on a V1 or a V2 Z-Net. Once installed, it will offer an update to 1.0.23
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                      This is znetv2, revision 1.0.17.
                      https://homeseer.com/updates3/znet_v2.img

Curious if yours is recently acquired? In the past, both pi/raspberry and homeseer/zneths16 were working options for the znetv2.
                      I bought it 11/2016. I have spent lots of time with Raspberry's. I have tried every user / password seen on here.

Thanks for the IMG I will give it a try.

Jay

Comment

the IMG Worked

Thanks to the reply's! I was able to write the img and gain SSH access to setup SNMP.

Thank you all for the help

Jay

Comment

Hi.
                          please, can you give me somehow the znet_v2.img ? the url is not working anymore and i want also to setup a SNMP.
                          Thank you very much,
                          Cata

Comment

Can someone tell me the root password of the z-net? I want to edit /etc/inittab, but homeseer doesn't have the permission.
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

May depend on the Z-Net version, but I believe most of the ones I looked at had no root password configured.

User 'homeseer' had sudo privileges which accomplishes the same thing. Some versions also had the default 'pi' user which have sudo.

BTW, there is no /etc/inittab on recent Raspberry Pi OS's: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=123081

'jessie' was the OS version used on the znetv2. The v1 was the prior version, 'wheezy', so inittab might be there on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X