Charts Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts Pages

After feeling that the charts pages supplied with the RFXCom plug-in did not quite suit my needs, I decided to have a go at:

1. Re-designing the pages to better match the standard Homeseer look.
    2. Creating a menu system to reduce Homeseer menu clutter.
    3. Add a Current Weather page in text and graphical views.
    4. Add Heat Index, Dew Point, and Wind Chill to the database and charts.
    5. Have controls on the pages to alter the charting periods.

I have now completed all of the above and the screenshots below should give an idea of the results.

The current weather graphical page can display values in any units irrespective of the input units, so for example if you have the RFXCom plug-in set to use metric settings, you can display wind speed in Mph, Kph or M/sec.

At this stage, I did not want to post this work on the public forum, just in case I have missed anything major that could cause problems with a users system. However if anyone is interested in having a go with it, then PM me and I will send you all the necessary files and instructions.

The above is basically a modified version of the charts package supplied with the RFXCom plug-in with a few additions. However whilst working on this project, I came across a number of limitations with the existing database set-up which prompted me to begin creating a completely new database, recording script and charts package to work with the RFXCom plug-in. I am about 50% of the way through this project at the moment and features will include:

1. SQL database system.
    2. Variable recording intervals per sensor type.
    3. Security type sensor recording / charting.
    4. Clickable, zoomable, realtime and scrolling charts

This project is some weeks off completion, but early test results are looking quite promising. In the meantime I beleive that these modified charts provide a slightly better experience than the standard versions.

Sooty (Paul)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sooty; June 18, 2008, 06:01 PM.

this may make me use the rfx plugin!!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

These look really awesome...

Comment

They are awesome!!

I have installed the charts. They perform fast and give useful information. Data selection for the different charts is easy to configure.
        Big step forward.

Thanks Paul.

Comment

R they available?

Are they available for testing. If so where?

Comment

rhodesep, if you PM me your email address, I will send you the package.

I don't want to let it loose on the masses just yet until I'm sure everything is working ok. I also have a few other bits ready to add, like cent-a-meter charts etc but I wanted to make sure that the main stuff is ok first.

Paul..

Comment

Fantastic! I can't wait for these to be released!
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Very good job : the last version works perfectly

Thanks a lot.

Yves

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback from those who have been testing the charts.

I have now fixed the problem where the hourly charts would fail if the minute value of the recording time was not 00. e.g. recording set to 1 or 2 minutes past the hour.

At the request of 1 test pilot, I have also now added the ability to switch off menu buttons for unused items, so if you don't have a scale for instance you can switch off the Weight - BMI menu item to save clutter.

I will send the new version to anyone who has requested it tomorrow.

Paul..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Paul,

Would love to try the graphs as well. Have over 18months power data and would love to see the data through your charting software.

Regs

LiamK

slayer91 at gmail dot com

Comment

Liam,

I will email you the files.

NOTE:- Although the current weather pages will work with any setup that has weather devices, the charts pages will only work with the RFXCom database.

Paul..

Comment

This is really great !!!

I Installed it and this is exactly what I was looking for to extend the current (allready great) functionality of the RFXCOM plugin.....
                        Last edited by Rien du Pre; June 22, 2008, 03:47 AM.
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Well, thanks again for the positive remarks from those that have tested the charts pages.

I am just finishing off support for the recording / charting of Cent-A-Meter devices and a few other little bits, then I will post the package here on the forum.

I have also created an updater style install package, which makes installation / upgrading much easier.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks for the update Paul....

Are you going to provide a simple way to load the SQL server tables....my SQL server is hosted so a simple SQL script to create the required tables and/or an MDF file would be the best for me....

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Darren,

I am designing the new recording / charts system so that it can use either MS Access or SQL database. Because there is potential with this system for many thousands of records to be generated very quickly, I'm sure the SQL method is the best approach.

I have yet to work out the best way to implement the SQL side of things to try and make it as painless as possible for the end user. I have also to consider that a great many people (myself included) use Homeseer on very low powered PC's.

Once I get the projet to somewhere near completion I will see if a few of the more technically minded users here would try it out and give some feedback.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                              X