This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I ran it on a .17 unit and it updated ok, so you should be safe.
    If you have a unit that is not displaying the web page and you can SSH to it, do that and then run the update.sh script in /var/www/Main.
    I just upgraded from .17 to .22 via the upgrade button. Everything working fine.

Thanks!

Jason

Comment

I know that this was posted somewhere else before, but how can I check what version I am running, and check for the update?

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
        I know that this was posted somewhere else before, but how can I check what version I am running, and check for the update?
        Just point your browser to the Z-Net IP address. The homepage will tell you the current version and there will be an "Click to Update" button if one is available.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm still on .15 with no upgrade button.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
            I'm still on .15 with no upgrade button.
            That typically means it can't communicate to the internet. Make sure the gateway is correct on it.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Uh oh, it's back... And no update to the release notes. I'm not going to be the guinea pig.

I'm on .22 and noticed that the upgrade button is showing again... It wasn't showing yesterday.

Jason

Comment

Crazy, I know... see my post #11; there were no differences (except for the changed version number) between .21 and .22. They must have figured that out, because yesterday the "current" version reverted to .21. Configuration management at its finest!!

Comment

Release notes updated.

Originally posted by JasonJoel View Post
                  Uh oh, it's back... And no update to the release notes. I'm not going to be the guinea pig.

I'm on .22 and noticed that the upgrade button is showing again... It wasn't showing yesterday.

Jason
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by JasonJoel View Post

Jason
                    I updated to .23 without issue on 3 Z-Nets.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      Changes to Z-NET version 1.0.23:

* Added support to use the UZB Z-Wave interface instead of the built-in interface. This is mainly for use with the EU version of our Z-NET.
                      Wait, why would you do that? Isn't the point of having a Z-NET gone?

EDIT: And... I'm on .22 and don't see any Update button.
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        That typically means it can't communicate to the internet. Make sure the gateway is correct on it.
                        So my gateway and everything looked fine using a static IP address, yet no update button. So I added a reservation in my router and set the znet to DHCP and poof! an update button. Weird.
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                          EDIT: And... I'm on .22 and don't see any Update button.
                          What version znet do you have? The .23 update is only for the znetv2.

Latest version info
                          v1: http://www.homeseer.com/linux/z-net/...estVersion.txt
                          v2: www.homeseer.com/linux/z-netv2/var/www/Main/LatestVersion.txt

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                            So my gateway and everything looked fine using a static IP address, yet no update button. So I added a reservation in my router and set the znet to DHCP and poof! an update button. Weird.
                            Using a static address on the znet is problematic. To fully setup a network connection, the IP address, subnet mask, default route (gateway), and DNS nameserver must be specified. In the znet, the nameserver only gets set when using DHCP.
                            The nameserver setting gets written to the file /etc/resolv.conf. Once this gets propely set up, you should be able to go back to using a static address -- but personally I think that DHCP reservation is the way to go.
                            Note: in todays routers, the gateway IP and nameserver IP is often one in the same. Nevertheless, the two are used for entirely different functions and obviously both need to be set.

Comment

Couple of observations on the new .23 update for the znetv2.

1) The changes in the .20 & .21 updates (to address the not reconnecting after disconnect issues) are no longer part of this update. So I think you will find that if you are updating from anything other than .21, you won't get the intervening updates.
                              2) In the case where a UZB device is found, the /etc/ser2net.conf file is replaced so a connection is made to that instead of the internal serial device. The entry in the new file does not have the 60 second timeout; the setting is as it was in versions .17 and prior.
                              Code:
                              2001:raw:0:/dev/ttyACM0:115200 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT -XONXOFF -RTSCTS
                              In the 3rd field, '0' indicates timeout disabled.
                              3) The new script uzb.sh is invoked from rc.local in background (& operator) immediately prior to starting ser2net. This creates a race condition since uzb.sh potentially modifies ser2net.conf. usb.sh should be run in foreground so that it runs to completion before ser2net is started.
                              Last edited by zwolfpack; November 9, 2016, 11:29 AM. Reason: Add item 3

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                                What version znet do you have? The .23 update is only for the znetv2.

Latest version info
                                v1: http://www.homeseer.com/linux/z-net/...estVersion.txt
                                v2: www.homeseer.com/linux/z-netv2/var/www/Main/LatestVersion.txt
                                Aha. That might be it. But isn't the only difference between v1 and v2 that v2 is running on a Pi3 instead of Pi2?
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                                X