This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Aha. That might be it. But isn't the only difference between v1 and v2 that v2 is running on a Pi3 instead of Pi2?
    The v1 is built on the older Debian OS -- "wheezy". That won't run on the rpi3, so the v2 is built on the "jessie" OS.

Comment

... but jessie runs on RPi2, right?
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        ... but jessie runs on RPi2, right?

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So, is there an option to update our v1 to a v2 then if the hardware is the same?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
            So, is there an option to update our v1 to a v2 then if the hardware is the same?
            Unknown; I will say that you wouldn't gain much if anything. The Raspberry Pi serves only as a network to serial converter to the zwave controller chip on the GPIO daughter card. Thats where all the zwave smarts reside, and that wouldn't be part of the upgrade.

I upgraded my v1 myself. Started with generic jessie build, added my own ser2net, added a couple of scripts and boom, virtually a znetv2 minus some glaring security bugs and other amateur blunders.

Comment

Z-Net possibly corrupted from .23 upgrade

I have (foolishly) upgraded to .23 and since have multiple issues (all already in other threads so do not want to duplicate)

I suspect my Z-Net has been corrupted. I tried re updating a few times via the emergency page. Did not help. My supplier is out of new Z-Nets, and no response from HS support (very disappointed).

What can I do to either downgrade or repair my Z-Net ? Any ideas please ?

Comment

Yes sure I'm happy to open it. I was wondering what people meant by SD card, never seen it but if its inside that explains it. Do you have a link to .21 possibly ? Apparently .23 eliminates the 60 second timeout which was added in .21 for the automatic reconnect
                I have a SD car reader (and spare cards if needed)

Comment

I dowmloaded the .img and put it on a card, rebooted the Z-Net. The light has gone green, but I am seeing a lot of these errors in teh log:

Dec-02 22:25:57

Error Event System Poll Heating plugin action failed:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Dec-02 22:25:56 Error Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveControllers: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data) Dec-02 22:25:56 Error Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveControllers: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

So something is not quite right yet

I did disable the zwave plugin, rebootet, re enabled the zwave plugin. The above errors are gone. But trying to control devices thet still have the same problems, they do not respond with errors like this one:

Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Dining room Rad light

again, some devices respond, others dont but if I resend the command they sometimes do.
                  Last edited by mikee123; December 2, 2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

After running a few network optimisations, all the errors disappeared. Everything is running smoothly, and as the image was .17 i updated to .23, i would have preferred. 21 but still everything is working fine. So i was right suspecting that my first upgrade somehow corrupted my Z-Net.
                    Thanks for that link with the image, its was very easy to do and ultimately solved a massive problem. Intermittent heating (and therefore a cold house) in the winter does not go down well with the other half...

Comment

I too have spend days with my new z-net not playing.
                      I updated as the instructions, then read all the threads. On boot I get..

ERR 2:
                      Unable to open '/dev/input/event0'
                      No such file or directory

Is it corrupt and will the image a few posts back fix this?

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                        I too have spend days with my new z-net not playing.
                        I updated as the instructions, then read all the threads. On boot I get..

ERR 2:
                        Unable to open '/dev/input/event0'
                        No such file or directory

Is it corrupt and will the image a few posts back fix this?
                        It very well might; I would recommend giving it a try.

That message is coming from a program /var/www/Main/readkb, which is supposed to wait 5 seconds at boot to allow you to reset your network. However it's possible that that device may not be present on recent updates to the Raspian OS -- I have an rpi (non-znet) with the latest OS and that device isn't there... I tried running the Homeseer readkb on that machine I get that same message.

Comment

I did try resetting the network and it seemed to do it, and the message wasn't there at next boot. But it came back. Led on the z-net is red (if it's the one on the pi board?) with a green one next to it that flashes occasionally. But the other stays solid red

Cheers

J

Comment

Question: you're in the UK, and you have a new znet. Does it have the UZB dongle as shown here: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...nt=30351336268

If so, you will need to apply the 1.0.23 update.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                              I did try resetting the network and it seemed to do it, and the message wasn't there at next boot. But it came back. Led on the z-net is red (if it's the one on the pi board?) with a green one next to it that flashes occasionally. But the other stays solid red
                              Its not LEDs on the pi board. If you have the UZB, you don't have the diagnostic leds anymore. The US and older UK/EU/AUS znets have an internal board that has a RGB led that gets set red/yellow/green to indicate certain operational states.

Comment

Yes its that one. I have already done the update and it's on 1.0.23 but it just doesn't seem to be working properly. I followed the installation instructions and the first thing I did was update it. As it said. I've been destroying my zwave network ever since!!

Comment

Working...
                                X