HS-WD100+ Homeseer Zwave dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD100+ Homeseer Zwave dimmer

I see that HS is getting into the switch business...

What kind of dimming circuit is used in these: Forward Phase, Symmetric Forward Phase (i.e. no DC created), or Reverse Phase? Hopefully it uses Reverse Phase (though I am guessing not), and if not, one can be made available, as some lights (ELV and some LEDs) must have that type.

Also, it would be nice to see a fan control switch, other than the relay on-off one. That is the reason I used Leviton, as they were the only ones making a fan speed control "dimmer" switch. There are many others that are in the same boat, and want a unified look to all switches. I would not be against changing to HS switches as a future upgrade, but only if there is a fan speed control one available.
    Last edited by Automated; March 29, 2016, 11:30 AM.

Color Choices

I'd really like to see other color choices as well: Ivory, Almond, Dark Brown, etc...

Comment

Can these HS switches be used with the GE accessory switches? I don't know if the methods of communicating with the master switch are compatible. Might be interested in real instant status if I didn't have to change out all the switched in my 4-way setups.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
        Can these HS switches be used with the GE accessory switches? I don't know if the methods of communicating with the master switch are compatible. Might be interested in real instant status if I didn't have to change out all the switched in my 4-way setups.
        not 100% sure but they seem cheaper than others so may not be too bad. need to look more though...
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Macromark answered in another thread that their new dimmer is forward phase, although did not fully confirm that they are symmetric with no DC left on the line.

Comment

Installed first HS-WS100 OK

I ordered 5 dimmers, 5 companions (2-way) & 2 relay switches on the Tuesday to evaluate and they showed up today. I just installed the first relay with companion, straight forward, included via Z-Tool+ app and manually controlled from the web interface with no issues.

I'm just starting to overhaul my old system (Stargate/HS2/X-10) with a brand new ZeeS2 and this was the first Z-Wave device I connected. Switches look like quality built hardware. Will report more as I get more things going.

If things keep going well I'll be spending $1200 to do the rest of the house. Pretty happy to see the price point on these better than anything else with instant status, and I hope to make use of the double tap to replicate something my old system does to ignore motion and timers to leave lights off/on.

John

Comment

Picked up a couple of the on off switches and they are working well. Really like the double and triple tap feature.

The only thing I don't like is the white led indicator light. I would have preferred blue or green.

Comment

Originally posted by jlutsky View Post
                I'd really like to see other color choices as well: Ivory, Almond, Dark Brown, etc...
                Me too...

Comment

Really like the tap features

I installed one of the on/off switches in my theater to control some Philips hue bulbs, and I am pretty happy with this switch so far. I set up the press and hold events to a device to open and close my theater curtains. This was really cool, the extended functions are events and are not scene control only! I think this switch hits on several of my wants that have developed over the years in regards to HA wall switches. The switch is not flimsy, or cheap looking. WAF was offered as soon as it was installed, without solicitation. It feels solid. The use of nuts instead of wires, the durable casing and metal front plate, and the look and function of standard "designer" wall switches. The LED's are tiny, and placed tastefully. Overall I am very impressed so far. I have some dimmers on the way based on this positive experience, and I have my fingers crossed that they will be as awesome as the on/off version seems to be.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                    I'm using it with an Enerwave accessory switch, and it works perfectly fine so far. I'm guessing it'll work fine with GE too, but not sure.

Comment

Are These Rebranded?

Are these rebranded switches. Dragon Tech switches look exactly the same and have the same model number.

If you search for Dragon Tech and the model number you'll find them on Amazon and a couple other websites.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                        Are these rebranded switches. Dragon Tech switches look exactly the same and have the same model number.

If you search for Dragon Tech and the model number you'll find them on Amazon and a couple other websites.
                        It's been posted before. Yes and no. They are manufactured for HS by Dragon Tech, but are apparently running a different version of firmware that supports the additional features (double, triple tap).

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Firmware update sort of

I have a house full of Dragon tech switches can a firmware update be made available for those switches. and I am not asking for a no charge update but for something reasonable

THANX
                          MITCH

Comment

Working...
                          X