Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant Status quits working

Hiya-

Vera refugee here. I spent the weekend moving over to HS3 running on a Windows VM and a Z-Net. For the most part, I couldn't be happier! I was pretty much able to replicate everything I had built over several months in just a day.

The only thing bugging me so far is that instant status just quits working after awhile. I have some in wall switches (mostly Aeon Labs and Leviton). I can always control them from HS with no issue. It's just that when I get into this bad state, HS doesn't know if I actually turn on a switch at the wall. This is especially problematic where I have two switches linked together.

The fix is to just restart the z-net interface and then instant status works fine again. If it matters: I didn't try to setup a secondary z-wave network for migration. I just excluded each device through HS and then included it into HS.

Has anyone seen this before? Could the fact that I still have the Vera box powered on be causing zwave interference? (Is that even a thing?)

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

-spifl

If you haven't optimized your network yet, try that next. You'll find the command under plugins, zwave, controller management, action
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I would try to optimize those individual devices first, rather than the whole network. They need good routing information back to the controller to ensure the instant status messages make it to the controller/HS.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I had done a full optimize yesterday...took maybe an hour or so. Issue still happened again today...

Comment

Originally posted by spifl View Post
          I had done a full optimize yesterday...took maybe an hour or so. Issue still happened again today...

Optimize the individual nodes that are having issues.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Could this have anything to do with the latest z-wave plugin issues round polling? (see lengthy thread on .128 )

Comment

Thanks for the pointer to go look for the thread on the ZWave plugin. Turns out I'm still running an older one. (3.0.1.87). (NEWB mistake!)

I'll try getting updated and see what that does.

Comment

Working...
              X