Z-Net Stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net Stopped working

I've got a Z-net that has stopped working. What are the options to revive it? I think I did manage to pull a back up off of it.

This happened when I had one problem node. I had to move it to be close to the node and did a replace node with the same node. This seemed to work until I moved the Znet back to it's home location. At that point the node was not working well and I tried to rescan it. Since then, the Znet has not connected to HS3 well or consistently and now any node I try to control does not work. If I reboot the znet, it seems to connect and work until I try to operate or scan one of "unkown status" nodes. Sometimes it works fine if I use a good node. If I try an "unknown status" node, it seems that any node I try after that becomes "unkown status" and the znet status changes to "!". If it tick it offline then try to bring it online, it goes offline fine, but then will not come back online until I pull the power on it.

Running HS3Pro 3.0.0.318 on Win7 SP1.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

This was working well until now.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

I should add that this could be a node problem, but it seems that a bad node shouldn't dork the whole interface.

The original problem node is one that has worked for 8 years.

Comment

Maybe a restart via SSH might get it going again.

Can you ping the IP of 172.25.25.202?

Guessing you do not see any controller node info either eh?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You might need to plug into an hdmi monitor or TV to see where it's hanging.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

This is a real stretch, but I just had a Z-net go south because of a bad power pack. It powered up, but wouldn't boot completely (stopped at Network init). Probably a bunch of AC on the 5 volt line I'd guess.

Z

Comment

When the problem occurs, disable then re-enable the zwave plugin - does it work after that?

What does the log show when it is misbehaving?

The suggestion to connect a monitor is a good idea for bootup issues, but I doubt will show anything in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Maybe a restart via SSH might get it going again.

Can you ping the IP of 172.25.25.202?

Guessing you do not see any controller node info either eh?
              Thanks for the quick reply. It does ping. I will try SSH connection/restart.

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                This is a real stretch, but I just had a Z-net go south because of a bad power pack. It powered up, but wouldn't boot completely (stopped at Network init). Probably a bunch of AC on the 5 volt line I'd guess.

Z

It behaves this way with it's power supply or the power supply from an ipad.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                  When the problem occurs, disable then re-enable the zwave plugin - does it work after that?

What does the log show when it is misbehaving?

The suggestion to connect a monitor is a good idea for bootup issues, but I doubt will show anything in this case.

I've disabled and re-enabled and it has behaved the same.

Will check the logs, good idea.

Understood on connecting a monitor. I'll try this and see if there is any usefull info. Never thought to connect one.

Comment

What's the credential to connect SSH?

Comment

Try the raspberry pi default - username 'pi' password 'raspberry'.

Comment

Using a monitor the RPi should be sitting at a terminal prompt already logged in.

Remotely it would be login pi@172.25.25.202 then typing password raspberry

Restart would just be typing reboot.

Guessing a restart should bring back the Z-Net connectivity.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                          Try the raspberry pi default - username 'pi' password 'raspberry'.

That worked. I just entered "sudo reboot". Is that the best way to restart the znet service?

I don't really know linux.

Comment

Yes sudo reboot will work.

You are restarting the device. The ZNet service will auto start on reboot of the device.

Linux is just another operating system with an extensive command line vocabulary. (like IBM / Microsoft DOS). Old as the hills

Note if it doesn't come back then it could be a physical issue with the MicroSD card or the Z-Wave GPIO card. The GPIO card could become loosey goosey some times.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              Yes sudo reboot will work.

You are restarting the device. The ZNet service will auto start on reboot of the device.

Linux is just another operating system with an extensive command line vocabulary. (like IBM / Microsoft DOS). Old as the hills
                              Thanks. I've played with a pi a little before. Is rebooting this way different than pulling the power?

This is what I see in the log. I think the red entry around 13:47:56 corresponds to the znet reboot.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X