zwave has turned into a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zwave has turned into a nightmare

I think I am looking at a hardware failure here...

I'm considering shutting down this project.

Z wave devices are no longer reporting their status.. when I manually turn on a device it just stays off. I have tried both of my z-net controllers alone.

I do not know what else to do... also when I attempted to switch controllers and restored my back up... all devices lost their sync. and it created new devices....

I doubt that is how its suppose to be... cause it makes it pointless to back up...

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
      Z wave devices are no longer reporting their status.. when I manually turn on a device it just stays off. I have tried both of my z-net controllers alone.

I do not know what else to do... also when I attempted to switch controllers and restored my back up... all devices lost their sync. and it created new devices....

I doubt that is how its suppose to be... cause it makes it pointless to back up...
      Are you running Z-Seer+ anywhere? If yes, make sure it is shut down when not in use. I had an issue where devices were not updating, etc and it was because of Z-Seer being connected.

Comment

This sounds like a difficult conundrum. Is it possible to do an optimize on a specific devices? Have you tried removing a device and re-adding it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mwillis,

A few years ago I had a problem similar to what you describe. Switches would not respond/report, etc.

I turned out to be a bad lamp module. It was continuously transmitting garbage, thereby blocking all network traffic.

So you may just have one bad z-wave device mucking up the works.

Comment

If you haven't loaded up Z-Seer+ now would be a good time to give it a try. If you have a bad node this should let you identify it.

Z-wave Toolbox may also be able to help you troubleshoot things.

https://www.zwaveproducts.com/z-wave-toolbox
            HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
            Number of Devices: 1005
            Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
              If you haven't loaded up Z-Seer+ now would be a good time to give it a try. If you have a bad node this should let you identify it.

Z-wave Toolbox may also be able to help you troubleshoot things.

https://www.zwaveproducts.com/z-wave-toolbox
              I have no devices added to the controller. I have tried 3 controllers and only a few devices with them being the only device on the controller at the time...

Comment

Working...
              X