Z-Net errors interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net errors interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID

After a long time with very few problems. for a couple of days now I have serious problems again with these errors :

Jul-28 12:33:23 Z-Wave Error New Interface: The New Interface interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    Jul-28 12:33:07 Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.0.12...
    Jul-28 12:33:06 Z-Wave Error New Interface: The New Interface interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    Jul-28 12:33:03 Z-Wave New Interface: Getting node information from controller...
    Jul-28 12:33:03 Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.0.12, connected to interface ok.
    Jul-28 12:33:03 Z-Wave Error New Interface: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.0.12: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

This happens every 10 minutes or so. I have a event which triggers if this error occurs 3 times, that then reboots my Z-net. I also get notified via a push notification. I usually get one once every few days, the Z-Net reboot normally cures the problem. Not this time. Even after powering down the Z-Net, and the HS3 PC, and still every 10 minutes or so I get a Z-wave error.
    My Z-Net is a V2, and I am on the firmware .23 might be .24 but it was the latest when I checked a month or 2 ago

I assume because of these errors, I have trouble logging into my system remotely. It keeps saying Homeseer is not running, after trying for a few minutes I can get back in for a few minutes before the systems goes offline again. This I have not experienced before...

Jul-28 13:05:50 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully.
    Jul-28 13:05:49 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Jul-28 13:05:42 Z-Wave New Interface: Getting node information from controller...
    Jul-28 13:05:42 Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.0.12, connected to interface ok.
    Jul-28 13:05:42 Z-Wave Error New Interface: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.0.12: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    Last edited by mikee123; July 28, 2017, 07:10 AM.

Make sure that you are on the latest firmware for the Z-Net. There was a fix for the Z-Net that releases the communications port after a period of time when there is a failure of the network connection. This allows the Z-Wave driver to automatically re-establish communications with the Z-Net when the network is restored.

The symptoms you describe seem to indicate that you are having network problems. I have seen this type of behavior when I had a flaky router.

Bob

Comment

I will check when I get back home, but if there was no update in the last month or 2 months I have the newest version. The strange things is that its only been for about a day that I have this issue, it has been fine for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
        The symptoms you describe seem to indicate that you are having network problems. I have seen this type of behavior when I had a flaky router.
        I have to disagree. This error has been there for month of even years, when I run HS3 on Windows, on a RPi, on Ubuntu, a Z-Wave stick or (EU) Z-Net. Different kind of hardware, routers, internet providers, software, interfaces etc. The only part that was always into play was the z-wave.me UZB device (which is also on the EU Znet).

I still have it every now and then. A simple restart fixes it.
        stefxx

Comment

Could you be having network issues? The issue with the z-net should not affect the ability to connect to your HS system using MyHS.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            I have to disagree. This error has been there for month of even years, when I run HS3 on Windows, on a RPi, on Ubuntu, a Z-Wave stick or (EU) Z-Net. Different kind of hardware, routers, internet providers, software, interfaces etc. The only part that was always into play was the z-wave.me UZB device (which is also on the EU Znet).

I still have it every now and then. A simple restart fixes it.
            Normally a restart fixes it, you are absolutely right. Normally I do not even need a restart, just restart Z-Net. Not this time. Restarted Z-net x times, and restarted HS3 various times. A minute after the HS3 restart the errors started again....

And yes I am not sure why the connection problems, but its stable now, I do not have connection issues any more (maybe there were myhs problems ?) but still have the zwave errors every few minutes...

Comment

And yes I am not sure why the connection problems, but its stable now, I do not have connection issues any more (maybe there were myhs problems ?) but still have the zwave errors every few minutes...
              If you are getting these errors every few minutes your Z-Net is not online. You can confirm this by going to PLUG-INS > ZWave > Controller Management and look for a green check mark by your Z-Net controller name. If there is no green check mark, your ZNet is not communicating with HS3. I assume that Homeseer has upgraded the EU version to include the communication fix I referenced earlier. If they have not, then a reboot of the ZNet is the only fix once the ZNet goes offline.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
                If you are getting these errors every few minutes your Z-Net is not online. You can confirm this by going to PLUG-INS > ZWave > Controller Management and look for a green check mark by your Z-Net controller name. If there is no green check mark, your ZNet is not communicating with HS3. I assume that Homeseer has upgraded the EU version to include the communication fix I referenced earlier. If they have not, then a reboot of the ZNet is the only fix once the ZNet goes offline.

Bob
                Version 1.0.23 (which is only applicable for znetv2) does not install the communication fix. The full fix was in 1.0.22; if that was applied then application of 1.0.23 doesn't remove it. However a fresh 1.0.23 won't have it. IIRC, 1.0.23 came out in November 2016 so anything delivered after that likely doesn't have it.

I've detailed how the fixes can be applied manually in a few different posts.

Comment

Yes, and the explanation has been great. I applied it to my ZNet as well, and it did help with the reliability of the network connection.

However, the error from mikee123 (and several other people, search the board) are not related to this. I don't know why some are having this issue and others not, but I have seen this issue also with a UZB stick directly connected to HS3 so again, I do not believe it has anything to do with the network or network connection...
                  stefxx

Comment

Working...
                  X