Z-Wave Multiple Duplicate Children for Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Multiple Duplicate Children for Devices

I can't seem to understand what is causing my Z-Wave Devices to have multiple duplicate Children for a device.

In this picture below there are duplicates for Luminance and Temperature. This Aeon Labs sensor is USB Powered.

1 What is causing this?

2. Can I simply delete the duplicates on the Device List Screen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z-Wave Multiple Children.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1211333

Devoir

Originally posted by devoir View Post
    I can't seem to understand what is causing my Z-Wave Devices to have multiple duplicate Children for a device.

In this picture below there are duplicates for Luminance and Temperature. This Aeon Labs sensor is USB Powered.

1 What is causing this?

2. Can I simply delete the duplicates on the Device List Screen?

[ATTACH]62868[/ATTACH]

Devoir
    This is a common problem with rescans of Aeotec devices. That is the only circumstance I have ever seen to cause the creation of " orphaned" child nodes. It is safe to delete the child with the oldest Last Date, in this case it would be the two that have not ever been updated and the two that updated on August 13.

Then try to avoid rescanning the device unless there is a specific reason. Also try to avoid using the Full Scan in the controller menu, because it will attempt to rescan every device.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Z-Wave Rescan

Rpadre many thanks......

The rescan is something I had thought would help...... I will stop using it...

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        This is a common problem with rescans of Aeotec devices. That is the only circumstance I have ever seen to cause the creation of " orphaned" child nodes. It is safe to delete the child with the oldest Last Date, in this case it would be the two that have not ever been updated and the two that updated on August 13.

Then try to avoid rescanning the device unless there is a specific reason. Also try to avoid using the Full Scan in the controller menu, because it will attempt to rescan every device.

Good to know. I have the same problem with a couple of Aeotec devices.

Comment

Working...
        X