Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hometroller S6 Pro Speaker Client Not Speaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hometroller S6 Pro Speaker Client Not Speaking?

When I first powered up hometroller S6 Pro, speaker client was working and I could here the speech coming from hometroller internal speaker. I no longer get any sound from hometroller speaker. I opened up speaker client app and tried changing some settings and still no sound. The speaker client says it is connected. Any thoughts on this are appreciated....Thanks much...Rick

My system is a new hometroller S6 Pro. What sound card does the hometroller S6 Pro use? It seems it is a realtech sound card. Would I be correct in assuming the hometroller has an internal speaker? In the homeseer speaker client setup both connect local and connect auto are selected. The port is 10401 with username and password set to default. No sound coming from hometroller. Again help on this is much appreciated...Rick

Comment

I'd be surprised if it has an internal speaker. I have a two year old S6 and it doesn't. If it did it would be tiny, there's not a whole lot of space left inside!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a monitor hooked to the hometroller that may have a speaker in it as I can hear windows related audio just fine. Also used to hear homeseer startup message on speaker. If I plug a set of headphones into the headphone jack on Hometroller S6 Pro then I hear the homeseer speech just fine. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

There are multiple audio output devices.

In the system tray, right click on the speaker icon indicated by the yellow arrow in the image, then select Playback devices. That will open the Sound pane shown on the left. In your case you should see an additional entry corresponding to the HDMI monitor you have attached.

In the speaker client, click on options to open the Speaker Options pane shown on the right. The selection for the audio device output is indicated by the orange arrow.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks much, I will check that out !!!!!! Rick

Comment

ZwolfPack,

Speaker client is working now but have observed something very annoying. When the tts speech plays from speak events. I have up to three android clients connected at one time. When the speech plays it will get half way through the speech phrase and then starts over from the beginning and finally goes to the end. Some times it speaks phrase as it should but many times it does not. It acts this way on all clients at different times. Also there is a pretty long delay at times from when it speaks on one speaker client and the other speaker clients. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue are much appreciated !!!!! Rick

Comment

Working...
              X