Clear All

Feature Requests

Please post your feature requests here.

Thanks
    NicolaiL
    Nicolai L

Heatmiser

NicolaiL,

Just to let you know I am now running 5 heatmisers against your plugin with no issues. I am finally updating my heating system to 12 zones over the summer and will report back when 12 heatmisers are integrated into homeseer via your plugin.

I have been collecting them quite cheap on ebay over the last few months!

thanks

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by largejj View Post
      NicolaiL,

Just to let you know I am now running 5 heatmisers against your plugin with no issues. I am finally updating my heating system to 12 zones over the summer and will report back when 12 heatmisers are integrated into homeseer via your plugin.

I have been collecting them quite cheap on ebay over the last few months!

thanks

Jonathan
      Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the feedback. That is great to hear!

Nicolai
      Nicolai L

Comment

Hi
        I have finally been testing your plugin and I have to say it is fantastic. Really easy to use and really clear.
        I do have 1 question. I added 2 thermostats by mistake, I was not patient enough to wait for the stats to be added. I would like to remove these stats but dont seem to be able to do so.
        I have tried removing the stat details but then pressing the update buttton. I have also tried editing the .ini file but this appears to be created each time.
        Could you please point me in the right direction to remove unwanted stats

Regards
        Ken

Comment

Hi Ken

Glad you like the plug-in. Thanks, for the feedback.

To delete a thermostat, shut down the plug-in. Then delete the HS3 devices associated with the thermostat to be deleted.

Edit the izHeatmiser.ini file and remove the entire section for the Thermostat 2 entry, e.g. all the lines:

[Thermostat 2]
          IP Address=192.168.1.93
          TCP Port=8068
          PIN=1234
          Seven Day Schedule=False

AND update the Thermostats=2 to Thermostats=1 line in the same ini file.

Now restart the plug-in That should do it ...

Sorry, one day I'll get round to writing the code to let you delete a thermostat

Originally posted by kensmith View Post
          Hi
          I have finally been testing your plugin and I have to say it is fantastic. Really easy to use and really clear.
          I do have 1 question. I added 2 thermostats by mistake, I was not patient enough to wait for the stats to be added. I would like to remove these stats but dont seem to be able to do so.
          I have tried removing the stat details but then pressing the update buttton. I have also tried editing the .ini file but this appears to be created each time.
          Could you please point me in the right direction to remove unwanted stats

Regards
          Ken
          Nicolai L

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply and the clear instructions.
            That has worked perfectly.

With clear instructions like that there would never be a need to write the code to remove the stat. Maybe just update the user guide.

Thanks again for a great plugin. I will definately be purchasing this

Regards
            Ken

Comment

Hi Ken

Thanks for the kind words. Good idea, I have updated the manual so anyone installing the plug-in from here on in will have the instructions on deleting a thermostat.

Regards
              Nicolai
              Nicolai L

Comment

error reading over 25 degrees ?

Hi,

OK I think I have found a bug.... It's 31 degrees in Sunny Liverpool England

When a heatmiser gets to 25 degrees, the plugin reports 0 degrees.

When its 27 degrees the plugin reports 2 degrees
                when its 26.4 degrees the plugin reports 2.4 degrees ?

Make sense ?

This is for temp, floor temp and remote air temp.

I would like to get to 35 degrees reliably in this hot weather as the heatmiser will ? possible ?

Thanks

Jonathan

Comment

Hi,

OK I think I have found a bug.... It's 31 degrees in Sunny Liverpool England

When a heatmiser gets to 25 degrees, the plugin reports 0 degrees.

When its 27 degrees the plugin reports 2 degrees
                  when its 26.4 degrees the plugin reports 2.4 degrees ?

Make sense ?

This is for temp, floor temp and remote air temp.

I would like to get to 35 degrees reliably in this hot weather as the heatmiser will ? possible ?

Thanks

Jonathan
                  Hi Jonathan

I don't think this is going to be too hard to fix but I need a bit of input from you (as I don't use the Heatmiser myself). Please can you switch the debug level for the plug-in to 5 and restart the plug-in.

It will get very chatty and log a lot of info to the HS logfile. However, if you can find the log lines relating to the thermostats where the temperature should have shown as >25 and point them out to me that would be helpful.

The reason is that the log will contain the data returned by the thermostat so I can analyse this and see if there is an issue with the protocol or the way the PI interpretes the data (more likely!).

Feel free to PM the logs across to or post here.

Thanks
                  Nicolai
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Jonathan

I managed to dig out my development stat. I can see the problem you are experiencing and I think I have a fix for it. Just need to do a little bit more testing and should have a release out tomorrow.

Cheers
                    Nicolai
                    Nicolai L

Comment

Please try 3.0.1.2 in the updater. This should now correctly display the various temperatures
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Thanks I will try now

Comment

Fixed!

Many thanks. All working for higher temperatures and remote stats work fine.

Very pleased!

Comment

Nicolail,

One small thing the new version keeps creating a new thermostat of 192.168.1.93

Even if I stop homeseer and delete from the izheatmiser config file it recreates and next reboot.

Is it fixable ?

thanks

Jonathan

Comment

Nicolail,

One small thing the new version keeps creating a new thermostat of 192.168.1.93

Even if I stop homeseer and delete from the izheatmiser config file it recreates and next reboot.

Is it fixable ?

thanks

Jonathan
                              Hi, I don't see the behaviour you describe. However, please note the entry the ini file: "Thermostats=n" where n is the max number of thermostats you have.

The plug-in will iterate from 1 to n to check if the thermostat root device exists. If it is not there then it will create the missing devices.

If you delete a thermostat then make sure to update this number as well. If you delete a thermostat that is not the last thermostat (e.g. n-2) then you will need to update the thermostat entries as well.
                              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                              X