Recommended beacons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended beacons

I'd like to start using beacons to work with geofency and this plugin. Being new to the products in this category, are there any compatibility issues with the wide array of beacons out there? It m seeing them range from 7-60 dollars. It seems that the most difference is in the enclosure and power options. So I can pick based on requirements. But Are there any known to not work at all for this? Or any to avoid? As of right now I tend to be leaning toward the $7 USB AprilBeacons for most uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon,

I tried the AprilBeacons but could not set their major or minor meaning that each beacon had the same id. From what I have learned, a manufacturer's iBeacons all come from the factory with the same id and then you change the major and/or minor value to distinguish between them.

That being said, I went with Radius iBeacons. Their app allowed me to change the major and minor and they are working well in our vehicles.

Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Michael

Comment

radbeacons work perfectly.
      I use the USB and the battery powered 'coin' beacons.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
        Jon,

I tried the AprilBeacons but could not set their major or minor meaning that each beacon had the same id. From what I have learned, a manufacturer's iBeacons all come from the factory with the same id and then you change the major and/or minor value to distinguish between them.
        I did not have that problem with these, using Geofency.

Comment

Just wanted to report back. I got the April Beacon 302s. They're working just fine. I had no problem setting the major and minor. I just connected them to the computer and used the AT commands and they took effect without issue.

Comment

Working...
          X