Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS announcements

Hello -
    I am still attempting without success to set up all announcements and TTS using specific sonos speakers which i have in every room. My goal is not to have to install additional speakers just for TTS announcements and communications. I have read everything available and followed your help file but all i receive after the event is triggered is "dead air". below is an error I am seeing inmy log file. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mar-09 3:53:16 PM Sonos Error Error in DoRediscover with error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Mar-09 3:50:28 PM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
    Mar-09 3:56:25 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room TV_RR with device name = uuid:RINCON_B8E937D20D0601400 and Model = S3
    Mar-09 3:56:15 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room TV_RR with device name = uuid:RINCON_B8E937D20D0601400 and Model = S3
    Mar-09 3:56:05 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room TV_LR with device name = uuid:RINCON_B8E937315C9001400 and Model = S3

Originally posted by sjz26 View Post
    Hello -
    I am still attempting without success to set up all announcements and TTS using specific sonos speakers which i have in every room. My goal is not to have to install additional speakers just for TTS announcements and communications. I have read everything available and followed your help file but all i receive after the event is triggered is "dead air". below is an error I am seeing inmy log file. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mar-09 3:53:16 PM Sonos Error Error in DoRediscover with error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Mar-09 3:50:28 PM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
    Mar-09 3:56:25 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room TV_RR with device name = uuid:RINCON_B8E937D20D0601400 and Model = S3
    Mar-09 3:56:15 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room TV_RR with device name = uuid:RINCON_B8E937D20D0601400 and Model = S3
    Mar-09 3:56:05 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room TV_LR with device name = uuid:RINCON_B8E937315C9001400 and Model = S3
    What OS & Version?
    PI version?
    Other things specific about this setup?

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      What OS & Version?
      PI version?
      Other things specific about this setup?
      I am using the 3.1.0.18 on windows 7.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sjz26 View Post
        I am using the 3.1.0.18 on windows 7.
        Check the <hs root>\html\sonos\announcements. Do you find there a file (or files) called Ann_TTS_0.wav?

If yes, try to play that file with windows media player, is that file OK?
        If not, is your HS and more importantly, the Sonos PI running as administrator? (do you start this automatically at boot?).
        When you run this event, if you watch the Sonos contoller (APP), do you see an error when it tries to play this file?

If all of the above is OK, manually delete the file, run the event again, is the file being created properly?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X