Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTSDeviceImages - An easy way to set multiple device images at once.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dtsouers View Post
    Please try the latest zip.
    Thank you - all ok and no errors in sight!

Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Install/Update of package DTSDeviceImages was successful.
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Extraction Complete.
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Extracting files from zip file: DeviceImages.zip
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\js\bootstrap.min.js
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\css\bootstrap.min.css
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DTSDeviceImages.exe.config
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DTSDeviceImages.exe
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Installing package DTSDeviceImages
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Using local file: HSPI_DTSDeviceImages_3_0_0_3.zip
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Downloading update: DTSDeviceImages
    Mar-12 15:52:49 Updater Starting download of updates
    Thanks for your time to fix this.

David
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Any plans to have this plugin update device status icons also?

Comment

Changing image directory ??

How does one change image source directory ???

Thanks
        DEM

Comment

Hey, great plugin

One question, can the updater override be deleted after installation, since i get a warning on it in the homeseer log?

Edit,
          Something is strange with this plugin, because it didnt show thumbnail pictures on any device, even though some devices actually had it.
          And now if i go into one device, and want to check the picture, and click submit, it actually removes the picture from homeseer device folder.
          Something have been messed up with db after installation of this plugin, cause i tested on my second homeseer and all is good there. I can click submit as many times as i want.

I think something have been overridden in the database, because by default homeseer automatically create a _small image when you select the device image, and uses the _small image for thumbnail.
          I checked after using this plugin, it did not create any _small pictures, and now it seems like db is messed.

Can anyone check this by going into a device and click select device picture, and click submit, and see if it dissapears.
          Last edited by frankis78; January 25, 2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
            Hey, great plugin

One question, can the updater override be deleted after installation, since i get a warning on it in the homeseer log?

Edit,
            Something is strange with this plugin, because it didnt show thumbnail pictures on any device, even though some devices actually had it.
            And now if i go into one device, and want to check the picture, and click submit, it actually removes the picture from homeseer device folder.
            Something have been messed up with db after installation of this plugin, cause i tested on my second homeseer and all is good there. I can click submit as many times as i want.

I think something have been overridden in the database, because by default homeseer automatically create a _small image when you select the device image, and uses the _small image for thumbnail.
            I checked after using this plugin, it did not create any _small pictures, and now it seems like db is messed.

Can anyone check this by going into a device and click select device picture, and click submit, and see if it dissapears.
            A New update.
            After a loot of testing, i used this plugin to remove Thumbnail again, and it started working.
            What i see, is that something is maby changed in homeseer, or it is a bug how they treat thumbnails.

So, when i normally select a device picture in homeseer (normally without any plugin), it will create _small picture automatically.
            This picture is used for thumbnail.
            When i use this plugin, and look at the thumnail columm, there is no thumbnail here, even if the thumnail picture show correctly in device manager.
            If i add a thumnail with this plugin, i can also see that all device element for same unint (Root and child) is linked together, if you try to change to another picture.
            And this is not the normal way homeseer does it.
            Which means, after i added a thumbnail with this plugin, i can change to another picture , and all device element will change on the same unit, but if i click on one of the element (Root or child), and want to check one picture, and click submit, it erase the picture from the folder. (Really delete the picture)

For making this story longer, it is acting the same way on jowihue plugin also, because they also treat thumbnail in same way
            Have Homeseer made some update with thumbnail, or is it a bug?

What i recommand is to add those picture you want to use on devices (Lets say you have added 5 pictures to one folder) -> go into any device, and select one of the picture -> click submit and homeseer will create a _small image.
            Then repeat the step until all the pictures you have added, have a _small picture.
            Now go into this plugin, and add device picture and set only device picture
            When this is done, you will not see any thumbnail picture from this plugin, but homeseer will automatically load the _small picture for thumbnail.

This way worked for me at least

Comment

Awesome plugin that will save me a bunch of time.

Few suggestions:
              • Add plugin to HomeSeer store
              • DeviceImages.zip unpacked in "html/images/DeviceImages" folder, but "Select Image" button only allowed me to see content of "html/images/Devices/".
              • On initial load it does not show anything until you select a floor/room/type. Totally understand why you did this, with some users having massive amount of devices, but from a usability point of view perhaps put down a little placeholder "Please select a filter to show devices".
              • The automatic applying action when I selected "Set Both" is nice, but when you then try to set another device it becomes a struggle. Setting it back to "-Operation-" and then re-selecting "Set Both" works, but maybe clear the action automatically once it has been performed or add a submit button.
              • Offer simple/advanced mode, where in simple mode you would only show the "root" device, but selecting a device will apply the image action to ALL entries for that device. This will make it easier for users who want to use the same image for a device and not have to select say 12-checkboxes when that device has that many entries. Should also help a lot in speeding up displaying device overview for those users with a lot of devices.
              • When using "Set Both" it sets image+thumbnail to the same image, but HomeSeer generates an "image_small" file when you select a Device Image. Now your plugin supports setting device and thumbnail individually, but my initial expectation was that "Set Both" would use "image" for Device Image, and "image_small" for thumbnail. Not sure if your plugin can automatically generate the "image_small", or if it is fine to use original larger image as a thumbnail, but adding clarification might be useful.
              Now for the big one (and totally understand if you skip this one). Dabbled with HomeGenie as a controller back in 2013, before settling on Vera3 due to lack of security protocol support at the time for my Schlage deadbolt, but it did had a nice feature that it would automatically obtain device images. Relied on a website somewhere to scrape the corresponding device image from the Z-Wave ID information it had available. Software is open source (GitHub project @ https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie) but I'm not even sure if that functionality is still in it (will find out next weekend). Also not sure what source of images it was relying on, but there is otherwise always the main one from Z-Wave alliance @ https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ which contains information on all certified devices. Have not dabbled into HomeSeer plugins/code yet, but plan to soon and be happy to assist.

Comment

dtsouers would it be difficult to update plugin to support Device image filenames containing "&" symbol? Works fine in HomeSeer direct, but your plugin breaks the images.

Comment

Hi

I had to rebuild my HS3Pro instance, and am having problems with this plugin - ver 3.0.0.3.

If I try something simple, with a few devices, then it usually works.

If I try something with say 20+ devices, then the plugin fails with the error below.

The windows version is the same as it was pre-rebuild - Windows 10 - build 1803/17134.1069

Any advice most appreciated.
                  Dec-06 18:57:45 Warning Plugin DTSDeviceImages is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Dec-06 18:57:14 Warning Plugin DTSDeviceImages is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Dec-06 18:56:44 Warning Plugin DTSDeviceImages is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Dec-06 18:56:14 Warning Plugin DTSDeviceImages is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Dec-06 18:55:43 Warning Plugin DTSDeviceImages is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Dec-06 18:55:13 Warning Plugin DTSDeviceImages is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Dec-06 18:54:43 Warning Plugin DTSDeviceImages is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Dec-06 18:54:31 Error Posting back to plugin web page DTSDeviceImagesSet: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                  ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

dtsouers any plans to release to the HS app store? Are you testing with HS4? Thx

Comment

Working...
                    X