Backitude and Android nougat (7.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backitude and Android nougat (7.0)

So I ran Backitude for a very long time until my phone upgraded to Nougat. Now phlocation never works and I think it's because Nougat is closing the app. Since it appears to not be under development anymore and the developer seems to have no interest in releasing the code I thought I would ask this here.

Is anyone else using Backitude on Nougat and if so, have you figured out how to keep it running in the background. This is really frustrating.

On the other side, doe Egigeozone now do actual tracking like backitude instead of just fences? if so, is anyone running it on Nougat and not having any issues?

Backitude wouldn't run properly for me on Marshmallow (6) so I abandoned it and have not even tried to run it on Nougat.

The latest versions of EgiGeoZone do tracking in addition to geofencing although not quite as elegantly (IMO) as Backitude. Basically you can set it to upload your actual location to the plug-in at whatever interval and have it start / stop uploading based on geofence status.

Paul..

Comment

Funny, on 6 I never had an issue with it. It always just ran. I've tried setting it so that it keeps the notification icon, but in my tests it runs ok for a few days then stops.

I'm slightly disappointed the hear how egigeozone handles it. I really liked how backitude handled it. I never even noticed that much affect on my battery life though I have it set to update once a minute (with steals more often if they occur).

I guess I will keep messing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        So I ran Backitude for a very long time until my phone upgraded to Nougat. Now phlocation never works and I think it's because Nougat is closing the app. Since it appears to not be under development anymore and the developer seems to have no interest in releasing the code I thought I would ask this here.

Is anyone else using Backitude on Nougat and if so, have you figured out how to keep it running in the background. This is really frustrating.

On the other side, doe Egigeozone now do actual tracking like backitude instead of just fences? if so, is anyone running it on Nougat and not having any issues?
        Keep in mind, whatever fence/geotracking app you choose, Android, beginning with v5 I believe, has power saving mode and when installing EgiGeoZone it falls in there, so you have to specifically exclude it from power saving.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
          Keep in mind, whatever fence/geotracking app you choose, Android, beginning with v5 I believe, has power saving mode and when installing EgiGeoZone it falls in there, so you have to specifically exclude it from power saving.
          Thanks for that. Odd thing is, I've run backitude on 2 separate phones both running v5+ and didn't have this issue until Nougat. Do you have any instructions on how to exclude an app from power saving?

Comment

Thanks for that. Odd thing is, I've run backitude on 2 separate phones both running v5+ and didn't have this issue until Nougat. Do you have any instructions on how to exclude an app from power saving?
            I found it

Settings -> Battery -> settings menu (3 dots in upper right) -> Battery optimizations* and select the app and choose "Not optimized".

*Note in my case I hand to change the filter at the top from "Not optimized" to "All app" to find Backitude.

Comment

I found it

Settings -> Battery -> settings menu (3 dots in upper right) -> Battery optimizations* and select the app and choose "Not optimized".

*Note in my case I hand to change the filter at the top from "Not optimized" to "All app" to find Backitude.
              I just want to report that since doing this change, backitude has been working great. I think it's odd that I never had to do this before 7.0. Maybe it has more aggressive battery optimization, but either way. I'm happy

Comment

Working...
              X