Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensorist Cloud Connector plugin beta

Hi,

I've created a plugin that can poll the Sensorist Cloud API for values so you can get Sensorist sensor readings into Homeseer.

It's free for private/personal use - please note this is a beta release.

Screenshot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sensorist-plugin-example.png
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1206107

zip file and updater_override.txt
    HSPI_Sensorist_1_0_1_4.zip
    updater_override.txt

Thanks,
    Nicolai Petri
    Last edited by CyberDuck; January 31, 2014, 07:33 AM. Reason: Fix spelling mistake

Nice work!

I'm not sure why, but there definitely is a strong trend--of which sensorist is an example--toward having sensors post their results first to an internet website. Maybe because the other trend--the REST interface--makes doing that much easier now? Or that it can leverage the very nice data visualization those websites seem to have? Also, I suppose it makes aggregating and comparing data across different geographic locations a lot easier. Do the sensors timestamp the data before sending it, or does the website timestamp it upon receipt? I'm guessing it's the later case, as it would remove cost from the sensors.

I guess if sensors had chips (like Kindle has) that let them communicate *directly* to the internet, without even needing to go through a home gateway, then setup would be a snap. Just turn it on. Is that the bigger trend where all this is headed? Or is it more about a universal unified data format, (something the same or different as XML?), or something?
    Last edited by NeverDie; January 31, 2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Sensorist Cloud Connector plugin beta

I use it - Works fine. Long distance on sensors. The Wine bottle sensor made me buy. Good to have it into my main system now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
        Nice work!
        ... ....
        Do the sensors timestamp the data before sending it, or does the website timestamp it upon receipt? I'm guessing it's the later case, as it would remove cost from the sensors.
        Hi,
        Just to answer the question about time stamping - this is done in the sensors, they also have an 8 hour internal memory backup, that is used if they cannot deliver measurements to the gateway for a period.

---
        Nicolai

Comment

Just come across this plugin by chance, and I like the idea of especially the wine bottle sensor... is this plugin still working, still being supported or developed ?

Comment

I am using it hence it's working. :-)

I think Nicolai put it on grithub. If I know him right changes from him will take some persuasion. But it usaly happens.

Regards
            Morten

Comment

Working...
            X