Interest in an August Door Lock plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in an August Door Lock plugin?

In the coming weeks I'll be looking at hacking together a plugin to control my August door lock. If there is community interest in it, I'll fancy it up and release it.

Any interest in something like that? If so, willing to pay?

9 days ago, August announced their Z-Wave version of the lock here:
    http://august.com/2017/04/04/new-z-w...ional-channel/

Looks like they're releasing it exclusively for their dealer channel(?).. not sure that's a good move, considering Z-Wave locks from Schlage, Kwikset, Yale, Baldwin, Vision and Polylock have been selling to the DIY channel for many years... AND considering the August lock is the ONE lock of the bunch that a 10 year old could actually install.

Anyway, if they smarten up and make that available for the DIY channel, our Z-Wave plug-in would already support it. That said, we have no plans to do a WiFi plug-in for it. If it makes sense for you to do it, go for it!
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

NOW they release a z-wave version? Jeez.

I wasn't planning on doing a Wifi version. I was planning on porting the reverse-engineered node.js version to C# and use it as a plugin. I'm not allowed to install any door lock that replaces the outside part (strata/HOA rules...) so August is my only option.

EDIT: I actually know someone who works there. I'll ping them about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JMack View Post
        EDIT: I actually know someone who works there. I'll ping them about it.
        My guess is they don't want to release the Z-Wave version to the general public because it's hub-dependent, unlike their standard version... which will work without a hub and just their mobile app.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm also really interested in this lock as I can't replace the outside portion of my apartment lock and the august lock would be perfect. Is there anyway for individuals to buy the Z-Wave version through one of their partners?

Comment

Working...
          X