X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to replace a device, getting an error ):

Hi there,

So, I'm trying to replace a broken/non-functioning Icon Dimmer that has 6 links to various switches/HomeSeer.

I'm trying to replace it with a Dual-Band Switchlinc, which I bought because it supports a higher wattage (maybe that's why the Icon Dimmer died?) and is Dual-Band to improve my network.

However, whenever I try to do the "Replace Device" command in HomeSeer, I get the error:
    Your system could not be reprogrammed.<hr noshade="noshade">The source and destination device type for ProgramAndReplaceDevice are not compatible (011E&0120), aborting.

Does this mean I can only replace it with another Icon Dimmer?

I'm on the PLM Plug-In v1.7.0.0

Thanks!

typically the plugin expects an exact match between the two devices or a match that i have programmed in. I can post a new version that will allow you to swap these two device types if you want
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Actually, I found a spare Icon Dimmer that I bought back in December and replaced it and it worked just fine in the plug-in.

If this one fails, which hopefully it doesn't, then maybe I'll replace it with a SwitchLinc in the future, but I'm solid for now.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

Working...
      X