This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arming away and stay

I have the DSC PC1832 and IT-100. When I arm the DSC system to "Stay" HS logs and triggers "Away". Is there something I'm missing in my settings or dose the plugin not recognise the difference. Any help getting this to work would great.

Thanks Craig

6/19/2012 8:17:16 PM BLDSC Info Message Sent -- 30 33 31 31 43 35 0D 0A --- Partition - Arm Stay
    6/19/2012 8:17:16 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 50003129
    6/19/2012 8:17:16 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 90310FD6/19/2012 8:17:16 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 90400330
    6/19/2012 8:17:17 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 6561D2
    6/19/2012 8:17:17 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 90311FE
    6/19/2012 8:17:17 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 90321FF
    6/19/2012 8:17:17 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 90100032Exit Delay in Progress E4
    6/19/2012 8:18:01 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 65210FE
    6/19/2012 8:18:01 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 90310FD
    6/19/2012 8:18:01 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 90100032System Armed in Away Mode 4B
    6/19/2012 8:18:01 PM BLDSC Info Message Rcvd -- 7011C9

Do you have a DSC motion sensor installed?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

No. Is there something in the programing of the DSC panel that would make it only send away when arming to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by stinggray View Post
        No. Is there something in the programing of the DSC panel that would make it only send away when arming to stay?
        Ihad that same issue , called up a service guy and explained the problem and he said that I need a MS so that the panel will go in to a STAY mode. Sure enougth installed MS and it worked for me.
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

So do I just need to program one of my zones on the panel to interior?

Comment

So do I just need to program one of my zones on the panel to interior?
            What I did, I installed a wireless receiver to the panel and added the MS. I don't remember exactly, but you need to program the panel so it knows you have a MS and this will permit you to go in STAY mode.
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Read this: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150758
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Comment

Thanks, That was it. When programing the DSC panel, one of the Zone Definitions MEST be set to Stay/Away(05, 06 or 32). If not it will only send the away value when armed to Stay or Away.

Comment

Glad u got it!
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thanks, That was it. When programing the DSC panel, one of the Zone Definitions MEST be set to Stay/Away(05, 06 or 32). If not it will only send the away value when armed to Stay or Away.
                      Can you please flesh this out a little more? I'm having the same problem and trying to figure out if I can do this DIY or need to call in a pro.

I have one house with a late model version of DSC where this is not a problem. However, I just installed BLDSC in a different house with an older version of DSC, I believe Power832 and I'm having the Alarm Away/Stay problem mentioned.

I thought motion sensors would trigger an alarm if it is set in away mode and they won't trigger an alarm if it is set in stay mode. How does one motion sensor set to Stay/Away (05, 06 or 32) change that?
                      Thanks
                      Jono

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                        Can you please flesh this out a little more? I'm having the same problem and trying to figure out if I can do this DIY or need to call in a pro.

I have one house with a late model version of DSC where this is not a problem. However, I just installed BLDSC in a different house with an older version of DSC, I believe Power832 and I'm having the Alarm Away/Stay problem mentioned.

I thought motion sensors would trigger an alarm if it is set in away mode and they won't trigger an alarm if it is set in stay mode. How does one motion sensor set to Stay/Away (05, 06 or 32) change that?
                        Thanks
                        Jono
                        I'm away from home right now but found all answers I needed here: http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/i...p?topic=3656.0 and other threads in that forum

Went from zero knowledge to fully installed dsc. only problem I had was the PC5401 not differentiating between stay and away. A soon as I changed to IT100 all worked perfectly

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                        USB UIRT
                        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                        2GIG Thermostat
                        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                        BLUPS
                        UltraLog (SQL2008)
                        Jon00 Plugins
                        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                        Global Cache IP2IR
                        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

I'm using the IT100 in the place that can differentiate between stay and away and the PC5401 in the place that can't. Is the issue the serial board hardware (IT100 vs PC5401) or is it the model of the DSC unit?

Thanks for the link for how to program. But I guess I should ask if it is a workaround for the PC5401 which won't be necessary if I get an IT100.

I should add, I have used a workaround for years with the PC5401 and the DSC832 using Cactus Bob's DSC plug in. The workaround is found here and I think will work for any of the available DSC plug ins:
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133630j
                          It is working just fine with the BLDSC plug in, but I'm wondering above if new hardware is the answer I should be seeking.
                          Last edited by jono; July 2, 2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I read this thread over and am a little bit confused about the questions. I haven't figured out yet if people are having trouble with the panel or the plug-in.

Maybe I can help out some but first we need to find out where the problem is, in the panel or the plug-in. The plug-in can only report or trigger what the panel is programmed for. If you can't get the panel to do something from the DSC keypad the plug-in will not fix that.
                            Marty
                            ------
                            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I have it fixed.

I first thought the problem was with the plugin but then determined that I did not have a zone programed Stay/Away. Because of that the panel would not send a stay value.

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                              I read this thread over and am a little bit confused about the questions. I haven't figured out yet if people are having trouble with the panel or the plug-in.

Maybe I can help out some but first we need to find out where the problem is, in the panel or the plug-in. The plug-in can only report or trigger what the panel is programmed for. If you can't get the panel to do something from the DSC keypad the plug-in will not fix that.

Comment

Working...
                              X